With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for BenevolentAI. The duties include offering administrative support across the organisation. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business as well as coordinating front-desk activities, distributing correspondence, redirecting phone calls, and travel support. The position will be reporting to the Office Manager.
- Greeting visitors in person or on the telephone, answering or referring to inquiries.
- Directing visitors by maintaining employee and department directories, giving instructions.
- Maintaining security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks; issuing visitor badges.
- Answering the phone and redirecting calls or taking messages.
- Maintaining the reception area, keeping it safe and clean by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Creating continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Supporting the Office Manager as an example with New Starters: taking their photo, creating their profile on Confluence, and updating the photo wall.
- Responsible for the mail: in and out using Royal Mail or courier
- Ordering food when necessary for the internal meetings.
- Responsible for booking meetings when requested and managing all the meeting rooms and calendars.
- Support and coordinate our travel requests
We are looking for someone with:
- A friendly and professional attitude who is able to solve problems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organisational and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Passionate about making an impact by creating a work environment where people can thrive.
- Computer savvy and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.