About the role and upGrad
As part of our launch in the UK we are looking for a well rounded Marketing Manager, UK to come join us to grow our business in the region, own all localisation of our marketing efforts and ensure we have a strong and coherent end to end presence across all touchpoints on the entire customer journey, from never having heard of upGrad to being a passionate advocate.
This is an exciting opportunity if you want to be a foundational part of a small and nimble team and enjoy all the flexibility of a startup, whilst benefiting from the backing and experience of one of the fastest growing global unicorns (we've just passed the $200m revenue bar). For the right candidate we believe this could be a career-defining role: your work will directly impact our credibility and growth in the UK.
upGrad is the leading online education platform, building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience to over 2 million registered learners in 50+ countries. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Research and refine the customer personas for your market, sharing insights across the teams
- Ensure the end to end journey is localised, diving into every single step of the lead journey and marketing and sales funnel to ensure the right tactic is used at the right time
- Drive an effective CRM and social media strategy for the market
- Run local campaigns and overall improve everything we do in your market
- Drive a local marketing strategy in collaboration with our performance marketing, content marketing, sales and program management teams, ranging from brand awareness and partnerships all the way down to creative direction
What you’ll get
- Opportunity to be a foundational member of the EMEA team and define how we scale in the UK, with the resources of a large scale-up but the freedom of a scrappy startup.
- Reporting into the VP Growth EMEA, you’ll work closely with him to define the overall UK marketing strategy.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs.
- Hybrid work arrangement in the new normal.
- Fun working environment. No bureaucracy, fast decisions, lots of autonomy.
- Proven track record (likely 3-6 years) in marketing with a growth focus in the UK
- Well rounded marketing skillset rather than expertise in few topics
- Strong sense of personal accountability and “getting things done” attitude in very fast paced, ambiguous environments where you’ll need to work on many things with many people at the same time.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, higher education marketing and/or the whole of EMEA is a strong plus.
- This role is based in London
- Independent and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute across multiple markets, channels, programs and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Passionate about data and experimentation.
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment and sense of accountability.
- Comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines and ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills.