Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.3B invested into campaigns and more than 1350 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for a self-starter junior lawyer, passionate about startups and investment to join our Portfolio Team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into the startup and venture capital ecosystem whilst leveraging their existing legal skillset.
This position, and the Portfolio Team, sits within the Investment Team, which is at the core of our operations: the Investment Team works with all entrepreneurs raising through Seedrs, helping them to get funded whilst informing and protecting our investors. You’ll be working with the rest of the Portfolio team to ensure successful management of portfolio companies.
- Liaise with entrepreneurs on a daily basis on shareholder queries and consent requests, which can range from the creation of new option pools and corporate restructures, to new funding rounds, exits and IPOs.
- Review and negotiate legal documentation for follow-on rounds and exits - including bespoke subscription agreements, shareholder agreements, articles of association and share purchase agreements
- Liaise with local counsel where necessary for our non-UK portfolio businesses
- Input into the various processes and products that make our team run
- Develop an understanding of everything related to fundraising via Seedrs, including our nominee structure, the regulatory framework in which we operate, engaging with investors (from small, self directed investors to high net worths and institutions) and understanding our platform and products
Who we're looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have qualified as a solicitor or equivalent - NQ or 1 year PQE experience (in a corporate or related area)
- Experience in corporate transactions, including contract negotiation and good understanding of shareholder agreements and/or share purchase agreements
- A self-starter and problem-solver who is able to use their initiative to help not only our entrepreneurs and investors, but also the Portfolio team scale & grow
- Genuine interest in and understanding of the startup ecosystem and early-stage investing
- Strong organisational skills as well as the ability to effectively prioritise across different workstreams
We have a multi stage interview process:
- 30 minute phone screen with the Senior Legal Manager
- 1 hr interview with the Senior Legal Manager and Senior Legal Associate, including a pre-prepared technical assessment
- Final Interview with our CIO backed up with a Culture Interview with the People Team/Colleagues
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!