Title: Senior Account Executive
Reporting To: Abbie Morris, Co-founder and CEO
Location: Remote and London
Salary: £50,000-£65,000 per annum
Compare Ethics is a movement in the retail industry using data as a force for good. We have a vision to transform the industry for the global community and planet.
Our ambition is to be the definitive verification solution for responsible retail. Enabling retail businesses to verify, track and measure their impact and communicate it effectively to consumers, investors and employees. We believe that through technology positive change is possible at a global scale. We think the system is broken and we are going to be a key player to fix it.
About the Company
The company was founded in 2019 by Abbie Morris and James Omisakin - experienced in sustainability and product respectively targeting the $27trillion retail market. The business has raised just under £500K since inception. Ascension Ventures – a top tier European VC fund – led our pre-seed round.
Our sights are set on scale, this means expanding our client base, product offering and growing our already thriving community of retail businesses across Europe.
We moved into our beautiful sunny, airy co-working office space 🏠 in April this year. We now work with a remote-first approach, and we tend to use the office as needed. If you do use the office, there are fresh coffee, snacks and refreshments. We are only 3 minutes walk🚶 away from Convent Garden station with easy access by train, tube, bus or bicycle. There are lots of secure spaces for you to store a bicycle/shower/change as needed.
Sustainability at Compare Ethics
We put our money where our mouth is. Our environmental impact is at the forefront of what we do and how we do it. We’re constantly finding ourselves on the lookout for ways to lower our impact on the planet and create a better future for our kids. We're committed to making that happen across everything that we do. Stay tuned for the launch of a sustainability roadmap launching Q4 2021 that will map how we are delivering system change over the next 5 years.
Our culture is always evolving. At the heart, it is all about how we can grow and learn together to achieve impact. We are super ambitious, and this makes the environment fast paced with lots of learning along the way. We work hard to ensure you have what you need to thrive and make a real impact and centre around clear communication to deliver success as a team.
We work hard but take the time to celebrate the wins. Expect days out and experiences to take the time to appreciate the hard work paying off.
Every day is different, as we continue to build out our user experience, super charge our architecture and prepare for scaling Europe as well as helping with optimising internal operations.
You will be solving all problems that relate to customers. You will ensure customers thrive using the Compare Ethics product. You are instrumental to identifying, scoping and closing new business opportunities whilst also expanding contacts and relationships with client organisations. Day to day you are managing all aspects of client base. From strategic account planning to upselling new products, you will be comfortable getting stuck into accounts to secure revenue.
We need you to keep 3 steps ahead of CE client’s needs. Anticipating and planning approaches to achieve results. We are looking for an ambitious person who is super conformable working in a fast-paced manner built around strong agile work processes.
You will be accountable for building connections, renewals, and growth of the platform. This means proactively seeking out information from industry, customers, networks and maintaining excellent communications with your clients to make you aware of the latest trends and problems to solve.
You are responsible to manage up and across to deliver results and make it clear what resources you need. You enjoy developing reports to track business success while moving at a fast pace.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or similar position
- A strong sales track record in B2B sales
- Ability to anticipate client and business needs and requirements
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent project management skills
- High levels of organisation
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Growth mindset
- Constantly seeking to reduce waste and avoid re-work
- You are a self-driven, experienced with working independently, but can also work as a part of a team
- You love to learn and are results driven
- Excellent communication skills – confident communicating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- You are passionate about sustainability and want to make a positive impact on the world
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Competitive salary and opportunity for quick promotion to Head of Sales for the right candidate
- Experience working in retail tech SaaS business
- Experience selling sustainability products
- Competitive package that scales in line with growth. Access to company share options.
- Industry leading commission structure
- 25 days holiday (including your birthday off) + bank holidays, with a relaxed approach
- Relaxed work from home policy
- A growth focused team, you will enjoy our monthly Lunch and Learns, team away days and more.
Please apply with a CV and Cover Letter. Applications without both elements will not be considered.