We are a group of doctors, AI and behavioural scientists on a mission to improve the lives of those with chronic diseases by offering life insurance that empowers customers to live healthier lives. Our product has two components;
- An insurance platform that utilises machine learning techniques to offer bespoke life insurance policies to those with chronic illnesses (such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease) that are personalized, offer same day cover and ultimately cheaper and more accessible.
- A lifestyle app that guides and helps you to make healthier lifestyle choices that will reward improvements to your health metrics
Our story so far
We were born from the UCL innovation accelerator (Conception X), taking pre-seed funding from ai.seed as well as various seed investors including ex-chairman of NHS, Prof Sir Malcolm Grant. Since then we have developed AI-powered underwriting technology in collaboration with a major global reinsurer. The technology utilises machine learning techniques to refine and improve current actuarial models and risk profiles.
We are now raising a seed round in order to build the MVP - the insurance platform and the lifestyle app for type 2 diabetics.
We are offering a considerable equity package alongside a competitive salary that reflects our stage of business.
We are looking for a lead developer to build the product. We need a practical engineer that should be ready to build the digital product architecture without third-party help and remain the main specialist to implement it as well as providing key input into the steering of the engineering department as a whole.
The first step will be to build the insurance platform whilst supporting the ideation and then creation of the lifestyle app.
- 3+ years node js experience
- AWS SAM
- AWS platform including lambda, RDS.
- Ideally experience of React Native with or without Expo
- An eye for design
- Experience of application architecture
Responsibilities to include but not limited to;
- Platform selection and technical design
- MVP and DevOps issues - you will have to build the tech side of the product from scratch including features, server interactions, scripts, deployment stage maps, SSHs, and APIs
- Privacy and security - this is an understated point, but cannot be stressed enough. We will be handling personal, health and financial data. Privacy and security needs to be a bedrock of everything we build.
- QA and product testing
- Growth roadmap and innovations
- Engineer hunting and team growth management
We are currently raising our seed round and looking to start preliminary conversations with potential candidates.