🕰 Full-time permanent role (4 or 5 days a week)
🌱 Grow with the company
💻 UK Remote or Edinburgh-based
💷 £35,000 annual salary plus benefits
🎓 Annual learning budget and conference days
Hi 👋 ! We're Valla, and we're looking for a Digital acquisition manager to join our team. Our mission is to help the millions of people in the UK that can't afford to get justice because of high legal fees.
Valla is on a mission to make legal support affordable for everyone. Our DIY legal platform helps people to resolve their own legal issues without spending thousands on a lawyer. Valla was founded by two senior women from the tech industry who were tired of seeing marginalised people being treated unfairly by their employers and not being able to afford justice.
We are an early-stage startup that started in 2020 and are currently in closed beta. We are focusing on direct to consumer marketing and are looking for a digital marketer who can support our SEO and PPC acquisition strategy.
You'd be working directly with our co-founder and CEO Danae who has held senior marketer/CMO roles in multiple startups. You'll work with Danae to finalise the acquisition strategy with PPC and SEO as the primary channels, then you'll own the execution of this strategy (with support from the Valla team!).
Your major projects will be:
- Finding people going through an employment issue now. We have started initial PPC work focusing on transactional terms and you will take over this initial work, build out the landing pages and run our PPC account.
- Build an incredibly helpful guide section for people with employment issues. We have in-house legal expertise that you can call on to create content that helps people identify their legal problem and do something about it.
- Help us unlock the value of our case database. We've built an in-house database of discrimination cases and want to release it publicly - you'll take the reins and help us optimise our database to the right part of our users' journey.
To complete these projects, your day-to-day will involve:
- Building landing pages in Webflow (or a better tool you suggest)
- Working with our in-house designer on assets
- Co-writing content with our in-house legal experts
- Managing our editorial publishing calendar
- Supporting any other marketing efforts like a PR launch, social media campaign, etc.
- Managing our keyword portfolio and SEO targeting strategy
Who you are
We're not requiring a particular number of years of experience - instead we are looking for someone who:
- Has worked in B2C marketing
- Can talk us through a project where they started with keyword research, created a delivery plan and executed on it with an overview of the results
- Has ran paid campaigns in Google Ads / Bing Ads and can talk us through their optimisation work in the campaign
- Loves writing incredibly helpful content and breaking complex issues down into simple, helpful content
- Has built content targeting a specific set of keywords and can talk us through how they targeted the keywords, what they did and how it went over time
The salary for this role is £35,000. This role can be a 4-day (pro-rated) or 5-day a week role, and flexible working is possible. We support people returning from career break so please do not hesitate to apply.
Valla is based in the UK and fully remote. Our co-founders are based in Edinburgh, and the majority of the team are based in Scotland, but your location will have little influence over whether you get the role. If you are a candidate based outside of the UK and are open to a contract role, please state this in the 'additional information' part of the application form. However, we are not able to sponsor candidates so you will need to already have the right to work in the UK.
We care a LOT about building a diverse team — we want the team building our product to be as diverse as the people using it. We know that Black Lives Matter, Trans rights are human rights, and that the patriarchy is toxic for everyone. See our company code of conduct to see how we work.
If you want to get an idea of what we're like as people, here's a video of our CEO Danae talking about burnout and productivity and here's a video of our CTPO Kate geeking out about gardening.