Citizen is a fintech company committed to simplifying the way businesses make and receive payments. Founded in 2017 by former WorldPay CTO, James Neville, it’s grown to three locations with a customer base across Europe. Citizen's customers span a wide range of sectors, but all share the desire to reduce costs while materially enhancing the customer experience. Citizen became a regulated payment institute in 2019, and was one of the first companies licensed to provide payments and identity services using open banking. Its headquarters are in London, UK, and it’s backed by leading investors including Metavallon VC and SGH Capital.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be tasked with supporting the product and engineering teams in building amazing experiences our customers love. You’ll work with our UX lead to create and own our product design workflow, guidelines, and assets, and be tasked with creating beautiful interfaces for both our B2B and B2C product offering.
You’ll ensure a high level of visual design across all our channels, and be responsible for leading the development of design ideas into detailed, clear specifications for the front-end team to develop.
- Work closely with our UX lead and Front-End developers to create stunning experiences for our B2B and B2C products
- Build out, and own, the style guidelines for our product offering to ensure consistency and familiarity across our product suite
- Input into prototyping and discovery work carried out by the UX team. You’ll help guide us on best practices in product design.
- Deliver clear guidance and design artifacts to our Front-End engineers, and be willing to work collaboratively through challenges.
- At least 3-5 years experience delivering beautiful digital products to market
- Experience collaborating directly with front-end engineers, UX designers and product managers
- Experience owning an end-to-end design workflow and toolset.
- You are data driven. You’ll work with our UX lead to deliver experiences developed through customer feedback and data.
- Professional experience working with industry standard design tools such as Figma, Zeppelin, Sketch and Adobe XD - We don’t mind what specific tools you want to work with though, that’s up to you!
- Demonstrable experience across a range of channels (mobile apps, dashboards etc)
- Experience designing for FinTech / Financial apps specifically is a plus, but not essential
- Equity option plan - you’ll get a share our success
- The right tools for the job. You’ll receive top-spec hardware of your choice.
- We work flexibly - we trust you to do what's needed to move things forward.