Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Since being founded in 2011 we've:
- Grown to 160+ employees
- Raised over £100M in funding
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 150,000 investor milestone in 2021 and now manage over £4 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a Nutshell:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an articulate and analytical Finance professional to join and develop their career in a market-leading Fintech company.
We are looking for a Financial professional with proven reporting, planning, financial analysis and stakeholder management skills. The ideal candidate will be rigorous in their approach, have excellent attention to detail and be solution and delivery-focused.
You will be reporting into the Finance Director and working alongside some of the top tech / finance personnel in the industry, while providing objective reporting and analysis company wide on a regular basis.
This role will suit candidates who have experience in the following areas: financial reporting and analysis; data analysis, financial modelling, building business cases, using raw data from financial and operational sources; budgeting and forecasting.
Ideally, our Commercial Finance Manager has worked within B2C business or the online / technology industry and has experience working closely with marketing and technology teams.
- Influencing strategy and building business models to support launch of new products and partnerships
- Weekly and monthly reporting of Nutmeg performance metrics (actuals vs budget; variance analysis; identifying trends)
- Maintaining, developing and updating the cohort level financial model (in Anaplan)
- Understand and report on customer profitability and segmentation (LTV:CAC, unit economics)
- Analysis of business performance, highlighting key risks and opportunities
- Working with data team to understand and develop our data structures
- Building and monitoring company wide KPI dashboards in Looker
- Support CEO & Finance Director on projects (planning, corporate and general finance in nature)
- Input into monthly board report with both data, analysis and insight
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Maths, engineering, economics degree (or similar discipline with a high level of numeracy)
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Previous B2C experience
- Evidence of ability to report back clearly and simply on complex data findings to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to work with multiple data sets and manipulate raw data to solve analytical questions.
- Demonstrable tenacity and commitment to problem solving - unable to "let something go" until it's right
- Demonstrable ability to manage workload and a range of priorities
- Energy and enthusiasm to learn and desire to rapidly develop their career
- Experience with SQL or Python (not essential)
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning tools (preferred but not essential – training will be provided)