Vento is a webapp and service that provides simple and transparent events insurance to an industry on its knees after Covid-19.
Headquartered in London, the company was founded in 2021 by Freddie Sparrow, previously the founder of Hijacked Festival, an events promoter of 10 years, and an insurance underwriter of 5 years. Having been frustrated by the current offerings, he has a vision is to create a simple product that can help events orgnaisers and companies to seamlessly buy insurance and then receive automated claims pay outs, using blockchain technology. Vento, bootstrapped to date, will imminently be raising seed-funding to scale the team (beyond the 4 currently involved), product and users.
You will be responsible for:
• Overseeing all aspects of engineering, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, and best practices & technology stacks.
• Managing the end-to-end technology execution.
• Ensuring consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance.
• Identifying risks and opportunities.
• Understanding how to leverage and integrate with our partners’ infrastructure and APIs.
• Delivering the MVP (prototype), enabling us to start serving our early customers.
• Become a member of the initial founding team, with all the benefits afforded to an early-stage employee.
• A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life.
• Previously experience working on a diverse set of full-stack technologies including experience with web, mobile, data and infrastructure.
• 4+ team lead experience in a top tier IT company or 2+ years of CTO experience in a well-known start-up.
• Skills to build a client-oriented development team.
• Agile (Scrum) Management Systems - primarily, Jira.
• Have previous experience building on the blockchain.
• Working knowledge of solidity and how to build high quality well tested smart contracts.
• Understanding of Cross-Chains Swaps.
• Middle level in DBA (MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB/Tarantool). Principles of designing database structure, identifying requirements for each product and selecting the most appropriate database solution based on data types and dataflow in this product.
• Familiar with the microservice approach (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, gRPC, mTLS, GCP, service discovery, load balancing, failover).
• Experience in DevOps: configuring Kubernetes clusters and CI/CD pipelines, managing access control policies.
Experience working with version control systems such as Git.
• Familiar with Ruby on Rails and Heroku (CI).
This is an equity-based position (% negotiable) for the right candidate starting on a part-time basis, before moving to a full-time salaried role (£75k to £120k) once pre-seed/seed funding has been achieved.