About A LITTLE FIND
A LITTLE FIND is a leading online retailer offering a one-stop-shop option for customers to buy sustainable brands across multiple categories. We are a young, ambitious company on a growth trajectory. To achieve this growth, we are looking to grow the team.
We’re looking for a Head Buyer to join our team. You will work closely with the founder to own the buying strategy and range expansion. You will be responsible for spearheading the Brand values and leading a team to deliver the buying strategy ensuring commercial success. Collaborating with other teams is key to the role.
Please note that this job is office based at our London office, however flexible working can be discussed. This role is a part-time freelance position.
- Working with the founder and buyer to develop the buying strategy, build new ranges and find new brands that are consistent with A LITTLE FIND’s core values.
- Lead and managed buying team, including recruitment and development to ensure skills are in place to deliver department plans.
- Ownership of cost and margin data, ensuring the buying team collate, and maintain data
- Identifying with the buyer best and worst sellers and actively planning sales strategy with the involvement of the marketing team
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to drive sales and increase margin.
- Identify competitor activity and trends in the marketplace
- Identify market and product opportunities, incorporating these in range reviews to optimise financial performance and enhance product ranges.
- Streamline buying processes and to improve efficiency
- Develop excellent supplier relationships in line with the strategic plan. Responsible with Head of Marketing for negotiating key supplier T&C’s
- Periodic review and effective negotiation of key supplier contracts.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to ensure excellent inter team collaboration
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience at Head of Buying or Senior Buyer level, with management responsibility
- Good beauty and wellness knowledge and experience of buying within a related industry
- Proven experience in looking for new opportunities to grow business and attract and engage new customers
- Excellent leader, with strong organisational skills, ability to influence, a real team player
- Ideally have worked in a buying team within e-commerce and analytically driven retail environments
- Proficient in Excel to at least an intermediate level
- Strong brand awareness & customer focused
- Experience of working closely with and building supplier relationships
- A good communicator with excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Attention to detail, discerning eye and a taste level in line with the Brand
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change as a positive
- Excellent negotiation skills & commercially savvy
What you’ll get
- Competitive Salary
- Great exposure and ability to impact a fast-growing business
- Training Opportunities
- Weekly team lunches
A LITTLE FIND our commitment to foster a sense of community and belonging
A LITTLE FIND is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse bunch of people who are committed to cultivating a welcoming culture of inclusion and equality. We see the potential in everyone and value the importance that different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking can have in igniting innovation and propelling our business forward.