FodaBox Warehouse Operative
- Location - Ossory Road, London, SE1 5AN
- Pay - £9.50 per hour minimum
- Hours - Standard hours are 7am - 7pm (there will be early and late shifts), with overtime available at busy times
- Start Date: ASAP
- This is initially a peak time job only but the right candidates will be offered further work depending on availability and performance
FodaBox is a fast-growing food and drinks sales and logistics business helping food and drink brands launch and grow. From our humble beginnings six years ago as a food and drink gifting business, we have grown into an online marketplace and fulfilment specialist. Our headquarters are in London (Old Kent Road).
We are looking for bright, motivated and detail orientated Warehouse Operatives to join our growing warehouse team. The purpose of the role is to execute the day-to-day operations of the warehouse.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Warehouse Operative you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
- Handling a range of goods by FodaBox and its fulfilment partners including food (including nuts and meat), drinks and alcohol
- Receiving goods, picking and packing orders for dispatch, stock control and liaising with couriers on dispatch
- Efficiently and effectively receiving and storing goods
- Following FodaBox’s internal processes and procedures
- Pick orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
- Using hardware including computers and radio frequency scanners
- Accurately read instructions from a scanner, computer or pick sheet
- Relocating products using forklifts (if trained) and pump trucks
- Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy, and keeping deadlines in a time-constrained environment
The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
- Working at a height of up to 8 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building) in a high level picker or on a ladder
- Lifting and moving products up to 20kg in weight.
- Standing and/or walking for 8 to 12 hours for the duration of a shift.
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift
- Pushing and pulling product up to 15.5kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift.
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- Regularly climbing and descending stairs and ladders safely
- Communication - a good standard of English, both written and verbal
- Forklift license desirable
- Passionate about the food & drink and start-up world desirable
- Opportunity to interact with and try new and exciting food brands
- Be part of an exciting fast-growing food & drink start-up (last year we grew by 250%)
- Be part of a small motivated and growing team
- 20 annual leave days per year with the opportunity to increase to 25 after a year (This does not include bank holidays).
This role has no guaranteed hours of work, hours of work can therefore vary from week to week and, as a result, there may be weeks when no hours of work are offered.