Business Development Executive
Location: London / Cambridge / Remote, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
We are looking for a proactive individual with experience in lead generation to join our business development team to identify new partner organisations, new clients and work with existing partners to drive leads.
Cambridge Spark is an edtech company on a mission to empower organisations to achieve their business goals by educating their workforce in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence. We are undergoing a period of rapid growth, with opportunities to expand across different sectors and geographies. We are a friendly team who enjoy challenges and who are keen to make a real difference in Data Science and AI education.
To be successful in this role you will need to think strategically and creatively to generate qualified leads for our full range of solutions. You will identify opportunities for new partnerships and distribution channels that drive lead generation for us. We are looking for strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with new leads and partners. You will need strong commercial skills to understand how we build value propositions in the market that attract future clients.
Our courses are technical so you will need to be comfortable talking about them and willing to be continually learning. No experience with Data Science or Python is required and we will provide you with access to the programmes we deliver to our clients to help you develop your career.
There will be scope for progression, with lots of opportunities to develop as an individual and build a career with us. You will be given clear targets and expected outcomes which ultimately lead to new clients for Cambridge Spark. A high performing candidate will have a real opportunity to positively impact the growth of the business.
Based from home, you will be willing and able to travel into our London office as the business requires (when safe travel is possible). Occasional travel for events within the UK might also be required.
What you’ll do:
- Generate qualified leads for the New Business team to convert to sales from a clear target list
- Identify and build relationships with organisations which can act as distribution channels to generate qualified leads for both our apprenticeship and commercial training business
- Support our partnerships with our sales and marketing activity
- Work collaboratively with the New Business and Accounts teams to share knowledge and insight on the market
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives within the scope of the role
What experience and skills you will bring:
- Experience in generating a pipeline of B2B leads
- Confident in communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders at target businesses
- Understand that success comes from customer-focussed relationships that deliver a gold standard service
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Focussed on self-development and open to feedback - we are an education company and are always learning ourselves
- Satisfactory Employment and Disclosure & Barring check (commensurate to job role)
- Experience working in education or training offerings
- Experience working on partnerships/alliances
What you’ll get:
- A salary of £33-40,000 per year (dependent on experience)
- Pre-tax gym allowance of £30/month
- An opportunity for career progression
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution to pension (total 10% contributions)
- Flexibility to work from home
- Ability to work from home or to work from a creative and energetic workplace culture in a stylish office environment in London
- Annual team retreat in a sunny location outside of the UK for a company-wide paid offsite
- Monthly company socials including everything from Cambridge College formals to pub nights
- Contribution towards books and training courses that help you learn and grow in your role here