Front-End Software Developer
Location: Belfast or Bournemouth
At Climax Community, we are fighting climate change head-on through the power of technology. Founded in 2019, we are a greentech start-up whose mission is to empower individuals, households, and businesses to drive change and take action in pursuit of a more sustainable world. Our goal is to equip our community with accurate and effective knowledge on the climate crisis, and to drive actions that avoid, reduce, and offset carbon emissions.
With global temperatures on the rise, climate change is having devastating effects on our ecosystems, resources, homes, and lives. To tackle this, we have created accessible and economical tools that incorporate the latest science, policy and pioneering knowledge, to help users actively reduce emissions and achieve carbon neutrality. To reach our goal, we are growing our dedicated, talented, and driven team, to lead the fight towards a sustainable future.
We are on the lookout for a Front-end Developer, who is passionate about greentech, to join our small and agile team dedicated to building our innovative climate change mitigation software products. You will help optimise the design and structure of our web applications and dashboard, to boost functionality and create an effective user experience.
- Developing and enhancing web applications and data analytics dashboards using React
- Collaborating with the back-end and product team to improve usability and performance of dashboards and application interfaces
- Maintaining brand and UI consistency throughout the platform
- Developing new features and improving existing features to enrich user experience and access to the analytics dashboard
- Provide semi-annual reviews for the application and platform dashboard design and functionality
- Collaborating with the development and product team to review and renew the overall solution.
- Suggesting, and contributing to, architecture and infrastructure improvements
- 2+ years of commercial experience in user interface design and development using React.js
- A degree in a relevant area (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, software engineering) with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1)
- Passionate about finding ways to tackle the climate crisis
- Demonstrable experience in developing data analytics platforms and interactive dashboards, using dynamically engaging charts and graphs
- Experience in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience and understanding of API calls and code
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in AWS is a bonus *
- Clear understanding of UI/UX design methodologies *
- Strong portfolio demonstrating beautiful, creative, usable, high-quality products
- Experience of working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Experience in using/working with D3 plug-ins
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in developing responsive interfaces and dashboards
* (Don’t need to be an expert – having good knowledge will be a bonus)
Note: Role location is in Belfast or Bournemouth