✨ Lollipop is making the mundane magical ✨
We are cooking up the fastest and most enjoyable shopping and cooking experience in the world. We want to help busy families and those overwhelmed by the pressures of daily life ultimately enjoy this chore. We are laser focused on building a product that doesn't just look after everyone but our planet too, so helping to reduce the £10 billion of food waste thrown away every year is a huge priority for us.
Our diverse founding team of 12 have built businesses such as Monzo, Curve and Florence and our backers have scaled companies like Ocado, Innocent, Babylon and Deliveroo. We know what it takes to build products enjoyed by millions of people across the world. In order for us to complete our mission though, we need to find likeminded folks who care about the same things we do - that's where you come in.
⭐ The role:
Your goal is to create a support experience so good our customers have to tell their friends about us. You'll be the first person our customers speak to and you'll advocate their voice throughout the company.
This is a rare opportunity to be the first person in this team which comes with huge development opportunity as you help us to build out the customer service tools, processes, and team members function from scratch. You'll be a key hire that is crucial to the success of Lollipop Customer Service over the coming months and beyond.
You’re someone who makes things happen despite ambiguity and can calmly handle periods of breakneck scaling and moments of chaos. You have a passion for solving real customer problems as well as design, product and innovation.
🚀 What you'll be doing day to day:
- Helping solve our customer problems with world class service when they get in touch
- Building and engaging a customer community which becomes a key part of our proposition
- Being the voice of Lollipop and working with our Associates to support our growth & marketing initiatives
- Working closely with our product team to ensure that we are feeding in customer requirements
- Creating and improving processes that enable us to help customers in the most effective way possible
- In future, scaling up the customer support function whilst maintaining world class service
🙌 You should apply if:
- You're good at explaining things to people and you are thoughtful in all of your interactions
- You have some experience working in a customer support role within a scaling tech startup environment
- You see feedback as a gift, and constantly look for ways to improve your work and grow as a person
- You're super organised, live by your calendar and know how to develop processes to make sure you never miss a beat!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication
- You have a "roll up your sleeves" mentality where you're willing to learn and jump into unknown situations
- You are excited about what we're building at Lollipop! 🍭
🖖🏽 How you operate:
Think big - you're inspired by frighteningly ambitious solutions to big customer problems, you approach them from first principles and you have the determination to clear hurdles to get there.
Move fast - you ship fast and learn fast, you set just the right pace, you collaborate well and you're a clear communicator that can quickly understand people's needs and help them find a solution.
Make it better - you think about the bigger picture, you have a growth mindset with yourself and others (including a healthy relationship with feedback), you're hard on problems not people and you seek out diversity in all its lovely forms.
🏅Why you should join us
No matter how fast we scale, we won’t forget that our incredible team is a wide-ranging group of individuals who deserve a personal touch. We’ll need to move fast and work hard to achieve our mission but we firmly commit to ensuring our workplace is motivating, diverse, inclusive, honest and transparent throughout the journey.
Other benefits to working with us:
- An open and collaborative company looking to develop a world-class product team
- Minimal hierarchy - you’ll work closely with the founding team from the start
- Opportunity to join user research and see how customers interact with Lollipop directly
- Modern architecture and tooling - you can use the right tool for the job
- “Just enough process” - no more, no less
- Flexible and sustainable working hours
- Brand new MacBook Pro (or equivalent)
- More perks as we (and you) think of them
- Salary is up to £30,000 with substantial EMI options
- 25 days holiday, monthly socials and much more to come!
- We work both at home and in the office in London, with dedicated office days to see the team. This role can be remote in the UK, but we ask you travel to London every three month for Offsites.
- We provide customer support Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm, so we'd like our Customer Support Specialist to work one day in the weekend and have a day off during the week, so that you don't go over 40 hours a week. The rest of the team will rota with you to cover the other days.
🤝 How we’ll get to know each other
We are so egg-cited to meet you! 🥳 We’re mindful and respectful of your time, so our process shouldn’t take more than about 5 hours in total and will typically consist of:
- an initial phone (30 minutes)
- an 'at home' task (up to 2 hours)
- a role specific interview (1 hour)
- a culture interview (1 hour)
💜 We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe that our team is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Lollipop, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.