At Meander, we create sustainable, technical clothing, fusing high quality performance materials and minimalist Scandinavian inspired designs. Our range is designed to be versatile and ideal for wearing both in the city and on your everyday adventures.
We are looking for an experienced Brand and Marketing Manager to join our team at an exciting time when we are about to open a second store in London, expand our range and have an opportunity for someone to lead our marketing team and drive our websales and online presence.
The role will work closely with the brand founders and a growing social media and marketing team to tell our brand story through the website, social media and events. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of all campaigns, digital marketing implementation and analysis, collaborations, partnerships and product marketing stories.
Meander is an Edinburgh based start-up online clothing brand that genuinely cares about the world we live in. We work with premium performance fabrics to create minimalist style, functional garments, designed to work if you are on the office commute, climbing a Munro or drinking espressos in the city.
As outdoor lovers we are naturally passionate about the environment and sustainability is the forefront of our brand values, we work with only European factories, we’re Carbon Neutral and we’ve partnered with 1% for the planet (donating 1% of our sales to environmental charities) and are on our way to becoming B-Corp certified.
We launched our first collection online in October 2019 and opened our first store in Edinburgh in October last year. We were selected by the judges at ISPO Brandnew as one of the top 50 newcomers in 2020 and have plans to grow and expand the brand rapidly.
We’re at the beginning of an exciting journey and looking for a kind and passionate, hands on team member who is excited to join us at the early stages and help to grow the company from the ground up.
About the role
This is an all-round Marketing role, ideally suited to someone with experience in building a direct to consumer online brand but most importantly we’re looking for someone tech savvy, who can tell stories brilliantly and that cares about creating a great brand and community with purpose and who will get involved in all aspects.
- Generate brilliant ideas – and think scrappy. We need to stand out from the crowd and would love someone to join the team to create and implement those idea’s Create amazing content across our organic channels: email, social and our website.
- Be responsible for paid digital marketing campaigns, from inception to creation and implementation.
- Write great stories and interviews for the Meander Magazine and newsletter
- Run our email marketing that delivers great purpose driven, valuable content
- Find and work with influencers & ambassadors that align with our values and ethos.
- Identify brand partnerships where we collaborate and broaden our customer base.
- Plan events that appeal to our community –we want to create fun outdoors (and indoors) events.
- Think creatively and do things that inspire our customers and the press to want to write about us.
- Plan our PR calendar - pitch our products, content, events, fun outdoorsy stuff, and sustainable initiatives to press.
What’s most important to us is that we find a team player who will get involved in all aspects of marketing and PR. Ideally you’ll have most or some of these skills and you can easily adapt to the others, if you’re passionate and can add value then we’d love to hear from you
- Good understanding of growing direct to consumer online brand
- Creative thinker with excellent communications and digital skills
- Ideally demonstrated success within digital marketing and/or PR
- Strong comprehension of the social channels we currently use (Mainly Instagram and Facebook with Twitter and LinkedIn being an added plus)
- Experience in building communities
- Experience in email marketing, including delivering meaningful content that ads value and converting to sales
- Good understanding of Facebook ads and analysing results
- SEO and Squarespace experience
- Tech savvy
Salary, plus equity-based rewards.
Flexible role – Full or part-time position with flexible working hours.
Work from home and ideally join for a couple of days a week in the Edinburgh based store/office when it opens this year.
The chance to build something, a brand with purpose and with people who care.
A nice new wardrobe of Meander clothing.
How To Apply:
We want to know about you and your interests as much as we do about your experience. To apply please send a C.V. with a covering letter to email@example.com