An opportunity to be instrumental in leading, growing and shaping a fast-growth content consultancy that turns tech and investment firms into media companies.
Founded in 2020, HSG counts FTSE 100, NYSE-listed companies, top-tier Silicon Valley investors, and some of the fastest-growing tech businesses in Europe among our 60-strong client base.
A team of over 40 writers, content strategists, journalists and researchers, we work on all kinds of content, especially the written word. HSG strongly believes that content is becoming a category, valuable in itself, and we’re hell-bent on helping businesses be a part of this.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual: somebody who lives and breathes content – not just creating it, but who delights in conceiving of how and why it’s created, and what exactly ‘it’ is, and can make that a reality for our clients.
You may be a former in-house head of content; you may be a senior journalist. Or you were the latter and went client side. You may be a senior comms specialist with a leaning towards content and strategy.
This is an opportunity to shape how content is created and deployed across hundreds of companies – and to inform what it means to be a media company in the twenty-first century.
What the role would entail
As lead for VC and startups, you will be spearheading and shaping our two key client bases: investors, and venture-backed tech companies, especially B2B SaaS and fintechs.
We’re looking for a passionate expert who has experience of these sectors, combining deep knowledge with enthusiasm.
You will create content strategies and lead the HSG strategy team – which numbers between five and 15 at a given moment. You’ll be involved in the scoping process, getting under the skin of how best we can help each client, come in once a client has signed, manage writers and other individuals on the account, or even work on the content yourself, should you want to.
We are looking for exception: someone who can write – extremely well, who knows good content (and bad!) when they see it, and can manage multiple clients, projects and the individuals across them. You’ll love having many plates spinning, and know how not to drop them.
There will be increasing opportunities to specialise, should you wish, lead special projects and, as the client and writer bases grow, the management and leadership opportunities across the business will continue to increase.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup and shape our future. We are a small team with big energy and a huge amount of ambition. And we are looking for a team member who is ready to dive straight in and use their passion and expertise to drive the company forward with us.
- Owning and managing multiple clients & projects across the HSG portfolio.
- Maintaining & nurturing key client relationships.
- Keeping abreast of timely and relevant developments across the markets in which clients operate.
- Understanding the competitive landscape of our clients, and how, therefore, to distinguish them.
- Determining strategies across creation, distribution and measurement of content.
- Managing the writers and strategists needed to deliver for clients – providing the glue, oversight and decision-making across a project or account.
- Writing content, as and when needed, across client accounts.
- Editing content and ensuring the highest quality of content across client accounts.
- Taking an active strategic role in the growth and development of HSG.
- £60,000 a year
- Flexible, remote working with access to a London co-working space
- Unlimited holiday
- Profit pool share (c £15,000 at pixel time)
- Referral commission
We are an equal opportunities employer. We look for talent; who you are and how you live your life is simply an added bonus.