With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As the security engineer, you will be working within a small information security team to plan, build and run security services within our cloud (AWS) environments, and across other business information systems. You will be responsible for developing security procedures and standards, providing threat assessments, and implementing effective security controls.
You will be expected to collaborate across all business units promoting security best practices, providing consultancy on cloud security issues, and staying up to date with industry standards.
- Designing and implementing security controls for information systems running within the public cloud services (primarily AWS).
- Act as a security SME specifically focused on cloud security, automation, and monitoring technologies
- Supporting external penetration testing, and ensuring all findings are mitigated.
- Support the vulnerability management program and drive the remediation of vulnerabilities across all services.
- Assist in the development of our Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC).
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and organizational standards.
- Prepare and document standards, work instructions and SOP.
- Familiar with security risk assessments and threat modelling.
- Any experience in risk management processes, including third-party risk.
- Understanding of traditional network security tools such as firewalls, web proxies, and mail gateways.
We are looking for someone with
- A strong technical background in Cyber Security (3+ years).
- Computer Science degree or related experience.
- Experience implementing cloud security solutions in AWS.
- Experience with Containers, Kubernetes and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Hands-on experience with Bash, Python or similar programming languages.
- Cloud automation skills using tools such as Terraform.
- Basic understanding of DevOps processes.
Nice to haves
- GIAC certifications (CGSA, GPPA, GCED).
- AWS Certified Security.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.