INKI.TECH created a circular economy model to drastically change the way companies (SMEs) buy and manage devices by turning them into a service. We are essentially a bundle between financing, insurance, remote device management, buyback and assistance.
1,5 billion mobile devices are sold every year, and the experience of buying and owning has not changed in more than 10 years. Also, each such device generates 80 KG of CO2 equivalent. Not to mention the huge hassle of ownership as devices breakdown, fall, get lost or stolen.
What accomplished so far
- Secured a generous debt facility to allow us to scale fast
- Contracted a comprehensive insurance product to cover accidental damage, theft and loss.
- Secured excellent buyback terms to ensure the residual value of our devices finances excellent service
- Implemented the technological foundation to ensure a smart and scalable operation
- Organised & Contracted the servicing of devices
- Got our first customers (50K AUM) and our first distribution partner
- Active in 3 countries: Austria, Hungary, Romania
- CEO – industry expert who designed and managed device insurance programs that covered 17 countries and millions of devices
- CTO - Serial Entrepreneur with a pedigree in e-Commerce and a knack for awesome customer experience
- COO - One of the msot experienced after-sales managers in Europe with a track record at Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, DT and Apple ecosystems
A highly numeric CFO with experience or interest in treasury/banking/leasing. The CFO will own all financial aspects of the management of a large portfolio of leased assets and will understand and manage the risks and opportunities associated with it. The CFO will make sure the financial strategy of the business is aligned to the overall strategy. They will have a deep understanding of how to grow, maximise and finance the asset portfolio to support Inki’s mission. The CFO will, in time, be responsible for a team of finance professionals and will be instrumental in designing the finance function. The Ideal candidate has experience in modelling complex financial instruments, will feel comfortable analysing different financial instruments and will have experience with liaising with banks and investors.
- Be a key member of the management team and work with the rest of management to set, and continuously assess and update, the strategy of the business.
- Own the financial elements of the strategy.
- Run mini-analysis to help inform the strategy of the business (for example market analysis to inform roll-out prioritisation).
- Make sure funding is in place to service Inki’s short and long term plans.
- Own the relationship with the company’s lenders.
- Work with lenders to reduce cost of financing.
- Manage cross-border flows and any fx risk.
- Setup reporting for bank covenants (especially lead indicators) and mitigate where necessary.
- Identify new ways of satisfying Inki’s cash requirement.
- Own the relationship with investors. Setup reporting.
- identify opportunities in the portfolio for sales and profit maximisation (e.g. through switching lenders; switching funding instrument; changing product mix; prioritising country roll-out; channel mix etc)
- Setup KPI measurement beyond pure financials to understand and leverage client behaviour.
- Identify financial risks and setup mitigation strategy (notably Interest rate risk, lender bankruptcy list, FX risk, residual value risk etc)
- Own the analysis of client bad debts and inform and improve the process of debt recovery.
- Own the reporting of management accounts (e.g. to management; sales reps etc)
- Own the financial forecast
- Own the financial functionality of the ERP and assess and implement add-ons, where necessary.
- Design and hire a financial team
Accounting and tax
- All statutory reporting
- Own the tax strategy for the organisation, especially in light of cross-border transactions.
- Own national tax obligations (VAT, corporation tax, employment tax etc).