Bark is the UK’s largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a startup with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business – but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company – so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We just placed sixth on the The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and with a presence in eight countries globally with imminent plans for further expansion you can join us at a genuinely exciting time where a true impact can be made.
About the role
We’re looking for bright, motivated and ambitious people who want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be working alongside and learning from some of the brightest minds in the business.
You’ll be the first point of contact with our customers and will be constantly communicating with them to help them get the most out of the platform. You must have a passion for world-class service as well as having a sales flare to onboard professionals onto the platform.
- Taking inbound calls from customers and professionals and assisting with any queries they may have
- Talking with ‘prospective’ new professionals and evangelising Bark and how we can help them grow their business
- Onboarding professionals to the platform and selling credits to get them started
- Assisting with the day to day ‘team’ inbox – using the customer service tool Zendesk
- Calling registered professionals and ensuring they are set up correctly and making the most out of the platform
We have different shifts to cover the different countries we operate in, so do require some flexibility. The business operating hours are 8:00am to 1:00am Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The current shifts are:
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 9:00am to 6:00pm
- 12:00pm to 9:00pm
- 4:30pm to 1:00am
Anyone working the late shift gets dinner and a cab provided by us as well as a premium for hours worked after 9:00pm.
- Competitive base salary up to £24,000 + average £6k commission uncapped annually
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Private health insurance
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!