The first version of Qualifyr launched in April 2021 and, since then, we have onboarded our first exciting cohort of trial agency customers. We’re ready to start scaling and need a sales professional to help us grow even faster.
This role’s responsibilities are pretty simple to describe - initiate conversations with prospective customers, conduct exploration calls and demos, and close those deals. But, like all things, it’ll be more complex in practice. We know that Commercial Real Estate agents are busy and, as much as the industry is changing and becoming more tech-enabled, it’s a difficult transition to affect on the ground.
We are looking for someone who is excited at the prospect of breaking into this market and, with the full support of our co-founders, building our sales function to help us establish a route to sustained customer growth.
Strategy & Planning:
- Work with the co-founders to put together a proactive sales strategy;
- Work the with CGO to put together a cohesive growth strategy that feeds you the leads you need;
- Plan and communicate a monthly (for internal reporting) and quarterly (for board reporting) sales pipeline.
Prospecting, Pitching & Closing
- Lead the process of identifying and initiating contact with our ideal customers; ● Conduct initial sales exploration calls and tailored pitches to potential users and decision makers;
- Close deals, issue contracts and invoices to customers.
- Work with the co-founders to ensure customers are successfully onboarded onto the product;
- Ensure customers renew their subscriptions to Qualifyr;
- Capture and share all product feedback received during the sales and onboarding processes;
- Work with the founders to establish a structured Customer Success function.
Skills and Experience
We welcome applications from people with a variety of backgrounds - we know that salespeople come in all shapes and sizes. But you might have a background involving something like this:
- Perhaps you’re a Commercial Real Estate Agent or Surveyor, working on the transactional side, who’s tired of the way things work now and wants to make a difference;
- Maybe you’ve got a great network in the CRE world and are a natural networker and relationship builder;
- You could have worked for another Proptech company in a solutions-focussed sales role;
- You could have been in a completely unrelated industry, working in a solutions-focussed sales role, and are looking for a change.
In terms of skills, though, we’re looking for someone who:
- is a ‘hunter’ (although we hate that term) who can identify new prospects easily and know how to do this;
- is a dab-hand with Sales Software like LinkedIn Sales Navigator and HubSpot Sales Pro; ● has a mind like a sponge and can absorb information easily and readily; ● is an expert listener and empathetic salesperson (and you’ve probably read The Challenger Sale);
We’re looking to offer a salary in the region of £40-50k p.a. with real room for that to grow, and with some other additional benefits:
- Meaningful stock options
- In consultation with the appointed person, we’ll put together an uncapped commission structure that we all think is fair;
- We don’t currently track annual leave - take as much as you need to be fresh and perform highly;
- The opportunity to join a startup in its early stages, build a team and grow with the company.
A quick note about Role Descriptions at Qualifyr...
We’re an early stage tech startup, fresh out of the gate, fuelled by our first pre-seed round of funding. This is an exciting time for us, and this will be our first Sales hire. But you need to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Although we have a clear idea of what the role’s purpose is, we look to hire people who would never consider thinking “that’s not my job”. We all have equal responsibility in driving the business forward and we all do a bit of everything that’s needed.
All this to say - use this role description as a guide, not as the ‘definitive rules of what I’ll be doing’. You’ll need to be able to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty with a bit of everything.