Your role in the founding team
As a member of the founding team and our first hire you will have a significant and lasting impact on the company culture, product, brand and user experience. You’ll be given complete freedom to support our users and develop our product in the best way possible.
Your mission will be to assist the CTO in creating a class-leading digital therapeutic product, improving the user interface, user experience, natural language processing models and general backend design of the product. You’ll be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining and all parts of the product from an engineering standpoint, including the UI, backend, frontend and any internal tooling and monitoring systems.
Our Company and Mission
Our mission at Iona Mind is to put high-quality, evidence-based mental healthcare in the hands of everyone on the planet. We’re developing new digital treatments for common mental health conditions and making them easy to access.
We’re three repeat founders with experience building and scaling large software companies and healthcare systems. Now we’re looking to expand that founding team and create the core group which builds Iona Mind into a category leading company that supports millions of people all over the world.
Our main product is a consumer-grade mobile app for iOS and Android which we launched recently and serves thousands of users in over 100 countries. We have been the #1 mental health app on the Google Play store and we’re only just getting started.
We’re well funded and backed by some of the best in the business including: Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Notion Capital, Axial Ventures and SessionVC.
Ideally you have substantial experience designing consumer-grade mobile products and also have worked on digital health.
- 5+ years of experience in a full stack developer role (preferably at an early stage startup)
- Extensive experience with Node.js, Typescript and React / React Native
- Good working knowledge of AWS
- Strong eye for design
- Working knowledge of developing native apps either iOS / Swift or Android / Kotlin / Java
- Good working knowledge of Python, have used Numpy, Scipy, scikit-learn, Keras etc.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Join the founding team of a mission-orientated company and make a significant contribution to the health of * people all over the world
- Fast-paced learning and rapid career progression.
- Flexible and remote working environment
We appreciate your time is valuable. We’ll move fast and get you a decision asap.
- Apply by email. Attach or point us to some of your work. Ideally include a resume / LinkedIn.
- Short introductory call with the CEO.
- Call with the CTO.
- Quick time bound task and debrief.
What our users are saying
“Truly fantastic app. After 7 years under mental health services, this app has been so much more reliable, thought provoking and genuine than the professionals I have been assigned to.” 5/5⭐
"This is the best app I've used to help my depression, anxiety AND a lot of things I realized I did need help with.” 5/5⭐