Who we are
Forward Advances is on a mission to help all founders and entrepreneurs achieve their ambition. Our first product helps SaaS and eCommerce companies grow their businesses by providing flexible funding of up to £2m to spend on marketing or inventory.
Advances is a next-generation funder helping the next-generation of founders. With our data-driven and tech-first approach it empowers Advances to make fair and rapid decisions, and enables us to expand the financing options available to founders who have been underserved and under-appreciated by traditional funders.
What makes us different from other funders is that we want to help our customers along their entire entrepreneurial journey. We provide our customers with unique access to our in-house experts in growth, marketing and sales, helping us to provide value beyond the money and build long term relationships.
We have helped some amazing companies including Bedfolk, Accountancy Cloud and ChargedUp.
Forward Advances is looking for a Business Development Manager to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
What will I be doing?
- Partnering with Hasam to research and unlock all new markets and customer needs from multiple channels
- Delivering telephone pitches and video-call pitch meetings/calls
- Picking up new leads within the desired SLA response time and pitching the product while assessing the client's suitability
- Preparing prospective clients for onboarding in relation to the data required
- Liaise closely with colleagues who are handling the onboarding process, go-live and ongoing account management
- Providing the wider team an update on day to day progress, blockers and suggestions
- Develop and coach less experienced team members
What experience would be valuable?
- A can-do positive attitude, with loads of enthusiasm and a competitive spirit
- Proven working experience as a sales development manager/rep, sales executive or a relevant role
- Experience in B2B environments
- Entrepreneurial, passionate about SMEs and an understanding of how SMEs tick and the problems they face
- You are focused, results-oriented and motivated and get a buzz from achieving targets
- You are resilient and have a calm disposition
- Superb time management skills and skilled at multitasking
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Willing to be scrappy and get things done
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
Our additional ‘nice to haves’
- Experience selling financial products
- A true appreciation for the art of selling - well!
Are you interested in the role but not sure your experience ticks all of the boxes? Please still apply. We appreciate that some of the things we’re looking for aren’t essential to being successful in this role. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
- Salary: Competitive salary & commission
- 25 days of holiday per year (of which 2 can be duvet days) plus bank holidays. 1 extra day awarded per calendar year served.
- AXA private medical insurance (for you and your partner or family).
- £300 (pro rata) annual L&D budget to spend via Sunlight (+ additional budget at your manager’s discretion).
- Paid parental leave.
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks (in our office).
Role type: full-time, permanent.
Location: We have adopted a hybrid working model, where we will spend 2-days a week together in our office (Old Street, London) so you need to be able to travel into London.
Our Equal Opportunities belief
We value all people as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, caring responsibilities, or religion. If anything about your experience differs from this, we encourage you to speak with us.