From the guys that brought you Just Eat, we are excited to announce that our brand new platform has just landed. Class-ify is the online marketplace where incredible local hero health and fitness instructors and personal trainers from around the globe can build their own business, either via our Connect Online PT Product or the Original Class-ify Online Classes Product.
Our why: We believe that every trainer deserves the opportunity to create the life they choose.
Following our first round of angel investment (30% of which came from former Just Eat executives), Class-ify is now experiencing very rapid growth, north of 100% month on month. To keep up, we’re recruiting into our Product Development team. Joining the business in its infancy means there is a limitless opportunity to thrive and grow alongside our fast-growing start-up.
We are in search of a versatile Senior Software Engineer to support our continued, rapid product evolution. You must be pragmatic, have a natural ability to understand the world through the eyes of different customers, have a keen eye for detail and understand our vision. You'll be working directly with the founders and an ambitious distributed team: bringing the Class-ify mission to life.
We think how you work is as important as what you do - it’s key to building a team with the right DNA. We have a culture of making quick decisions and supporting each other, to do this we expect the following behaviours from all of our team members:
- Do the right thing
- Take responsibility
- Be transparent
- Continually improve
- Take pride
Don’t worry - we’ll talk more about it in your interview :-)
- Ability to pragmatically apply software design norms and patterns
- Understand the context behind a solution - there’s a time to craft and a time to hack
- Confident with relational and NOSQL databases
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and in distributed teams
- Ability to work with others - neutrally propose alternatives and give constructive feedback and feel comfortable receiving it too
- Ability to contribute to scrum meetings and others informed of progress and blockers
- Confident problem solving skills
- Able to discuss operational requirements and an understanding that “done” means working, consistently, in a production environment
- A passion for health and fitness, in particular personal training, is a bonus!
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering
- Experience in an early stage start-up or scale-up with the ability to cope with constant change and improvise on regular (but hopefully decreasing) basis
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 100% WFH with access to a working space in London if needed
- Our quarterly meetings will be held in a different country each time as the founding team lives all across Europe
- Unicorn potential