About the company:
Our client is a start-up e-commerce platform seeking to disrupt the world of luxury, branded jewellery. Currently in stealth-mode, the firm is looking for a Developer to assist the existing development team with the front-end aspects of the build. As a newcomer to the luxury space, the brand is looking to adopt an entirely new style for the launch of their new website, this is a dynamic and hands-on role that will give you serious freedom to help shape and grow the brand presence across all digital touch points!
Joining a world class team of developers from an internationally recognised firm, the candidate will have a great opportunity to learn firsthand from industry specialists and will take the reins on all aspects of the front end build. You’ll be at the heart of this technical project and will work on the website from conception to completion, developing new features, implementing A/B tests, participating in regular product design discussions and navigating briefs from the Founder and their team. As an experienced coder, you will be required to rapidly implement a fully responsive and functional UI as well as taking responsibility for maintenance, bug fixing and technical improvements across our front end stack.
As you are required to work hand in hand with the development team, confident communication skills are essential alongside an interest in user experience, testing and customer feedback. Working to build a dynamic, yet functional e-commerce platform, applicants must be equipped to help establish and deliver this fresh online identity through seamless user journeys, a luxurious customer experience and beautiful UI. Whilst this is initially a junior role in the business, there is scope to grow this position out to your own team in the future.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in building websites in the luxury and e-commerce sector
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and ability to slice designs into pixel-perfect HTML prototypes using these technologies
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work flexibly across a team.
- Working experience of web frameworks and CSS
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies
- Able to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to manage and maintain IA/UI/UX best practices
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools for rapid, iterative prototyping