Start-up CFO is a private membership group for CFO’s and FD’s in startups, scaleups and disruptive tech. We run the most comprehensive peer-to-peer discussion group, provide events and development opportunities for finance professionals along with offering a series of social meet-ups. The group is growing very quickly as world-of-mouth spreads through finance and VC communities in Europe and the US. In order to meet the needs of the community and the partnership relationships, we need to bring in a community and events manager.
We’re looking for a Community Manager to join our growing, global Community. Reporting to our General Manager, you’ll be supporting our Community Managers, who are the first point of contact for our members once they’ve been admitted to the group. You’ll eventually manage a portfolio of projects to support the growth of our members, relationships with sponsors and operational aspects of face-to-face events.
This role is truly unique as Startup CFO will commit to funding your personal journey as part of this role. In addition to your holiday allowance, we commit to providing you with two available days a month, as part of your paid time, where you can focus on achieving something you are passionate about. At Startup CFO we are all about exploring the topics you are most excited about and finding a way for those things to change the world, at least a little bit. We are looking for someone in this role who dedicates themselves to delivery, is brilliant with people and has a vision for what they seek to commit themselves to in the future. We’re looking to help this person on that journey.
You’ll be responsible for:
As Community Manager, you’ll spend roughly a third of your time supporting the operations/administration of the group, another third starting to build relationships with members. The last third is focused on face-to-face event management, sourcing venues, hospitality and ensuring our speakers are prepared for their talk or panel.
As you develop, you’ll start to autonomously manage these relationships and interactions.
- Maintaining our CRM - logging high-value members’ engagements and ensuring data is entered correctly.
- Conducting research, e.g. member biographies, deep-dives and preparation for member welcome calls.
- Managing our inbound/outbound emails, sending personalized invitations, welcome emails and either responding to or delegating inbound correspondence.
- Attending events predominantly in London and ensuring that members are invited to the events that most resonate with them.
- Maintaining excellent data records that both enable you to fully understand our members while also ensuring that every other team who interacts with them has all the relevant information at their fingertips.
- F2F events need to be fulfilled to the highest standard. All the details count, so you’ll be sourcing venues, working with hospitality providers and making sure we always have marketing collateral at our fingertips
- Running a member matching service to connect members who share similar interests and wish to pool knowledge
- Content production including member spotlight articles
Location: West London
Overall, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for customer service and relationship management. You’ll be a natural relationship builder, eager to learn about our members and their motivations. You’ll be equally excited about working with our GM and Founder, with an understanding of how to both record and maintain clean data.
You’re likely to have:
- An understanding of what great customer service looks like! You can use empathy and tact to build relationships and can show evidence of how you’ve done this in a previous people-facing/customer service role.
- A genuine passion for people and understanding their motivations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of knowledge/data management.
- The ability to work autonomously and ‘get things done’ in a team support role.
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Startup CFO we support a diverse range of communities and we understand that effective recruitment is central and crucial to meeting the needs of our beneficiaries.
We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching the business needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We recognise the value in encouraging a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experiences and knowledge at the company.