Job Title: Project Manager
Line Manager: Head of Projects & Business Improvement
Location: London (Old Street)
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Travel Required: Yes - European
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
The Project Manager will sit within the Operations Team which constitutes Warehousing, Transportation and Customer Services. The role will report into the Head of Projects & Business Improvement and will work alongside other Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) from Operations.
The Operations team are central to the MADE.COM supply chain and play an integral role in the end to end delivery of the customer order. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of tactical and strategic projects.
Examples of key projects worked on by the team include:
- New warehouse set-up
- Deployment of Transportation Management Solutions (TMS)
- Warehouse Quality & Productivity Improvements
- Transportation Strategy - 3PL vs 4PL solutions
- Set-up of Customer Services Operations
As you can see, the remit of the project team is quite broad and suits individuals with strong supply chain, operations and logistics background. The role requires someone who enjoys problem solving, is a self starter and can cope with ambiguity.
The Project Manager will run multiple projects, taking responsibility from initial concept through to delivery. You will be expected to facilitate workshops, create project documentation, track & monitor projects, develop business cases, present findings on a regular basis to key stakeholders/managers and lead projects to successful completion. You will be expected to manage internal and external teams / business partners.
This is your day
- Take a leading role in the definition, documentation and successful completion of projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Working with our supply chain operations, suppliers, customers and IT teams you will capture and analyse requirements, design and deliver effective solutions.
- Leading the implementation of supply chain systems and processes into new and existing businesses from initial design and documentation through to successful installation, training and review.
- High levels of attention to detail, especially in financial project planning & delivery
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of projects, actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Running project meetings and leadership updates
What you’ll need
- A confident & clear communicator in situations where senior stakeholder buy-in is a must
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Managing project budgets and tolerances
- Knowledge of Transportation, Warehousing and Customer Services is essential
- A flexible and committed approach to success and the ability to apply this in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience of delivering large projects & change within the logistics industry and have knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, preferably experience/knowledge of ERP systems, WMS (Warehouse Management Systems), Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Hands on experience on delivering projects within the operational structure of the eCommerce industry, distribution center or FMCG warehouse
- A strong track record of leading the delivery of measurable value projects against time and budget constraints
- A Prince2 qualification or similar would be advantageous
What we offer
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture
- Hot and cold drinks and free breakfast provided in the office – (including fruit for the healthy people)
- Regular work drinks along with many social and company events
- Excellent employee benefits Including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday a year (with an extra day every year served up to a cap of 30 days) and season ticket loan
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com and regular staff sample sales
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Shoreditch
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.