We’re looking for a personable and proactive recruitment extraordinaire to join our fast-growing, early-stage tech startup.
Are you settled at an agency with an empty feeling, knowing you are destined for more? Hoping to get out before it sucks your soul dry? Or maybe you are already internal but looking for a change at a company with a culture you’re proud of and willing to sing from the rooftops about to promote?
Our team is exploding and we need a resourceful recruiter to get us there. If you genuinely care about the people you place and would love to help build not only an awesome team but a successful business, then we have just the opportunity you're looking for. Imagine if every role you hire for is not only for a company you love and truly believe in? You will be the living breathing embodiment of the Duel and will earn commission on each hire you make that passes probation so you’re properly rewarded for your craftsmanship.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
This role will play a major part in helping us grow our Duel family into a company that we are proud of and contribute directly to our success.
From sourcing suitable candidates through various networks, to holding initial screening interviews and orchestrating the recruitment process - you’ll be the muscle that finds and nurtures the perfect talent for our growing team.
You’ll be responsible for managing the end to end recruitment process for a variety of roles across the company. Reporting to and working closely with the Head of People as well as the wider management team, you’ll take ownership of the talent pipeline and nurture potential future hires in your own candidate community.
- Collaborate across teams to understand hiring requirements and support the development of talent acquisition strategies
- Identify top talent across all of our disciplines, build talent pipelines and nurture relationships with passive candidates for future recruitment needs
- Connect and match candidates thoroughly against role profiles and maintain awareness of candidates potential suitability for other active and future roles at Duel
- Identify networking opportunities to further populate the Duel talent funnel : events, roadshows, Q&A webinars, behind the screens and further Talent Acquisition activity
- Community Building - You will dedicate your time to networking and connecting with the best talent in the market
- Create innovative and engaging nurture campaigns to stay in touch with the community - keeping them updated with all things Duel, especially any relevant roles
- Ensure a remarkable candidate experience at all times, ensuring Duel further establishes itself as a remarkable place to work
- Complete ATS management - ensuring the whole team are using it effectively, creating and circulating reports and just generally making sure we are using it to its full potential
- Bubbling with ideas you are ready to implement with little guidance
- Warm and endearing - You love people and people love you, people don’t have any trouble opening up to you about their drivers and motivations
- Target driven and self-motivated - Once assigned a task there is no stopping you! Accomplishing goals and getting things done is what drives you
- You will be a generalist, comfortable getting your hands dirty and getting involved wherever necessary for the desired outcome
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a high standard
- A desire to learn, implement and deliver innovative sourcing methodologies to help attract top talent
- You’re a natural-born networker - your LinkedIn is popping and you’re always the person that knows a guy who knows a guy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a drive to give every candidate the best possible Duel experience
- An organised self-starter - able to juggle multiple tasks, deadlines and roles - we’ve got lots of hires planned!
- The ability to adapt and desire to learn advanced sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- The ability and desire to work in software such as LinkedIn Recruiter and applicant tracking systems
- A passion for Startups and the Technology sector
- UK Based
- Well rounded understanding of the recruitment process from defining an available job opportunity through to preparing contracts and onboarding documents.
- Previous recruitment experience either in an agency or in-house role
- Is well versed in different candidate sourcing techniques and up-to date with new recruitment technologies
- Hands on experience of managing multiple jobs simultaneously across different business verticals
- Proven track record of producing enticing job adverts
- Aware of UK employment law and basic HR policies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- We’re a remote-first company, so if you don’t need to be in the office then you can do the work required from anywhere in the world (Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing). Ideally, we would like you to come to London once a month to connect with the team.
- 28 days holiday (and we don’t really count)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: Gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, cycle to work scheme
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- £24,000-£30,000 + commission earnt on each hire you make (that passes probation) so you’re properly rewarded for your craftsmanship, OTE £42K-£60K
We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that we’re all proud of. In a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to the email address specified in the ad with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria, but that's not imperative for us - we're looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our fast-growing, dynamic business. If you think you might be able to succeed in this role, now or in the future, ping us your CV - we'd love to meet you.
Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***