Are you a senior developer looking for a new challenge?
Our infrastructure is built around the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular and Node.js) all hosted on AWS, and we’re looking for someone with the practical experience and creative ambition to jump right in and help us further expand on a well-established product that we are proud of.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Tropicfeel, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
Within this role, you will be focused on owning the responsibility of managing and developing or expansive SaaS platform. You will be in charge of ensuring that our client’s offerings are kept up to date and secure, as well as enhancing offerings moving forwards.
Working closely with our CTO and the product pod to help develop a product that our Brand Partners can’t live without, you will also be expected to provide technical support for other members of the team, as well as mentor more junior members of the product team.
- Maintain high code quality and ensure responsiveness across our applications
- Be part of the whole development process, from prototype to production
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, develop and test new features
- Research technical requirements and bring problems and solutions to the table
- Mentor and nurture the next wave of junior tech talent as the team grows
We’re after people who enjoy creating products and seeing them being used - able to help us ship features quickly and enjoy themselves while doing it!
As a full-stack developer at Duel, you’ll be comfortable at different levels of the tech stack including frontend, APIs, backend, and databases. You have strong technical acumen, hands-on experience, a quick learner able to understand different technologies and assess their benefits and trade-offs.
- You take pride in producing and maintaining work to a high standard
- Sharing knowledge excites you - the thought of helping grow a team is something you’d like to get your teeth into
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently - you’re also happy to get stuck in and support the team where needed
- Be a creative thinker able to recognize and solve problems by thinking outside the box
- Willingness to adopt new techniques and technologies and stay up to date with industry best practices
- You are committed to developing others as well as learning from them to expand your own knowledge, skills, and self-awareness
- Coaching colleagues, sharing knowledge and promoting best practices, including writing technical documentation
- Meticulous attention to detail - you check things and check them twice
- Proven experience with testing methodologies (BDD and e2e testing)
- Extensive experience with MongoDB (or other document-based storage)
- Experienced with Angular (or similar)
- Experienced with Git (or similar version control)
- Experienced with AWS (or similar cloud based services)
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Linux / Docker / Networking
- Experience working with command-line tools
- Understanding of security and data protection best practices
- Good internal communication skills - you’re able to work with a team and collaborate on ideas
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and remote working - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- 28 days holiday (and we don’t really count) If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training and growth opportunities as the company scale rapidly
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget, Cycle-to-Work
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to make the business success while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to the email address specified in the ad with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)
***Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria (Ladies, we’re looking at you) - if you think you might be able to do this role (or even grow into it), ping us your CV as we often pool CVs for other roles. Remember, if Ye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.***