Mintago (created by one of the founders of Perkbox) is a fintech wellbeing platform that helps companies and their employees save money. Our vision is to help improve society’s financial health. We do this by starting with pensions.
For employers (particularly small ones) pensions are costly and an administrative burden. For employees they are confusing, intangible and in most cases vastly underfunded. Mintago is changing this.
We start by giving small businesses the tools to make managing pensions less taxing (both from an admin perspective and quite literally saving them thousands in tax each year by implementing salary sacrifice). We then provide employees with simple and engaging tools that trace lost pensions, help them understand and plan for the future and manage their pension contributions, all within our platform.
Why join Mintago?
We are a tech business, but it’s really a people business. We care and are really excited about what we do for the world. We also look after each other as employee wellbeing is at the heart of our ethos. We have a great culture of working hard together while having fun. The founder and CEO, Chieu Cao, is also the co-founder of another successful business called Perkbox. We have a great team with the experience to make a big difference and a supportive investor base that include UK & US VC funds along with high profile successful entrepreneurs.
We’re looking for an energetic Mid-Level Front-End Developer to join us in building the UK’s best pension wellbeing product.
You will collaborate with our back-end developers and product lead to improve usability. This role reports directly to the CEO and as we are a small and growing team, you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want from an early stage and have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
You must be open minded to new green pasture projects and have creative flair, with a willingness to learn any areas in which you have less experience.
Here is what you can expect to do at Mintago:
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Work with backend developers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Develop and designing new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
To be great at this role you will need:
- Good knowledge of Next.js
- Good knowledge of (HTML5, CSS 3, SCSS, Bootstrap 3/4)
- Self-starter, motivated, eagerness to learn and grow
- Have previously built web application front end
- Write scalable, readable, maintainable code
- A nice person, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to help us improve
- Proven ability to deliver to the design spec
- Proficient understanding of Github
- 2+ Years of experience
What is great but not essential…
- Creating figma designs and UI/UX wireframes
- Integrating different 3rd party features onto a consolidated platform
- Experience with working on a fintech or HR platform
- Become one of the early members of a fast-growing, exciting startup
- 4% employer pension contribution
- Unrestricted holiday policy
- Remote working with access to an office if preferred
- Prioritising employee wellbeing at the heart of the company’s culture
- A budget for personal and professional development