Want to join one of the UK’s fastest growing companies?
We are One Retail Group, a multi-national online retailer and brand owner that has founded six brands within the home appliance, lifestyle and personal care products markets. We dispatch thousands of orders per day across the globe via our own e-commerce websites and online marketplaces such as Amazon.
In the past three years we have grown in excess of four hundred percent putting us in the top 15 list of fastest growing companies in the UK two years in a row. To continue this rise, we are looking for a skilled and motivated Finance Assistant to help maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. This role provides support and reports into the Management Accountant and is accountable for a variety of areas within the accounts function. Accurately maintaining the general ledger for a continuously expanding business, provides scope for the right person to progress and expand their accounts and business knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accounts payable & receivable activities, completing the posting process, ensure relevant reviews and authorisations are enforced. For items such as stock purchases, direct expenses & overheads.
- Managing the control accounts through creating supplier payments and account reconciliations
- Business Credit Card Management and Reconciliations
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- Posting and Reconciling business revenues
- Be the first point of call in Finance for invoice related queries
- Ad Hoc reporting as required by Management Accountant & Financial Controller
Further opportunities may include:
- Assisting in month end investigations as required
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
What makes you an ideal candidate for this role?
- You're focused on the detail – everything we input, manage and analyse matters. In order to make decisions the data has to be 100% correct
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel, at least to an intermediate level
- You have finance qualifications and / or are actively studying towards and accountancy qualification
- Able to draw from prior experience – preferably some experience in a similar role
- A problem solver and a team player – collaborating and communicating is key to what we do
- Friendly – we have built a culture that we are very proud of at One Retail Group. We want to continue to build a culture and community where people enjoy their role and like the people they are spending their day with
What happens now?
We’ll do our best to respond to all successful candidates within two weeks. You’ll be contacted to arrange a phone interview, before completing a task to help us assess your analytical skills and to understand how you approach certain tasks. If successful at both stages, we’ll invite you to our office in Kentish Town, to interview with our team.