Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year.
2021 has been an exciting year for us! In January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). Bloom & Wild acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021, cementing our position as Europe's leading online flower company. Together, we are active in 8 countries. We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is split broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
- Fulfilment & Delivery - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners (and coordinating our own delivery network) to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level
- Own fulfilment team - Across our 3 strong brands of; Bloom & Wild, Bloomon and Bergamotte we have various warehouses across the EU. The teams based at these sites optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs
- Supply Chain and Quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain
As a member of the ‘Own fulfilment team’, the Planning Analyst will be based at the Innovation centre which is situated just outside of Nuneaton (UK) and within easy reach of Coventry. The Innovation Centre opened in July 2021 and fulfills orders as part of the range expansion plans. You will have a direct reporting line to the Stock and Planning Manager and will be supported by the wider Operations Team (and the rest of the Bloom & Wild team of course!).
The role and ways of working
As a Supply Planner, you’ll be an integral team member and take responsibility for stock management; working collaboratively across the team to help ensure our warehouse runs smoothly and efficiently. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining our MRP (Materials and Resource Planning), including updating forecasts, updating order of make’s, creating stems codes for new stems and reconciling against bi-weekly stock counts.
- Monitoring daily raw material levels, investigating discrepancies and flagging risks to the wider Operations team.
- Using the MRP to generate raw material orders.
- General administration and reporting including emballage reporting.
- Management of the onsite Plant Passports in line with Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) guidelines to reduce the spread of pests or diseases by ensuring traceability. Frequently conducting internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Developing strong and effective working relationships with Operational leaders and other Commercial colleagues to gain support to drive through operational improvements.
- Have excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Great attention to detail, numeracy skills and are analytical.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Tech savvy - expert in using systems such as warehouse management systems, apps, messaging, business intelligence and reporting systems.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done.
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech and understanding how we can make improvements to our processes.
Nice to have
- Flower/perishable category knowledge
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern. Through the implementation of stringent coronavirus controls we have been able to continue operating our warehouses safely but will continue to monitor the situation and follow government guidelines.
Our perks and benefits:
- Personal training budget plus Lunch & Learns
- Company pension plan
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
- Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Contribution
- Discounts on our blooms!
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride (find out more here), and look to reward those who are demonstrating them exceptionally in their day to day activities.
Our Recruitment Process
We are continuing to conduct the majority of our interview processes remotely via video. This will involve online video calls with Pete (Plant Manager), Ollie (Operations Support Manager) and Toria (Lead People Partner).
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.