ALP Technologies is a profitable renewable engineering energy company based in London, Berlin and New York. We have won numerous awards on research and development projects for technologies to benefit lower income countries covering several different innovative fields and technologies. Our company is designing, prototyping, and testing a state-of-the-art li-ion battery storage system (M-BRIC) that is the smartest and lowest cost in the world for 2 billion people to access renewable energy.
At ALP, we see the people as the value of our system and as the core of the innovation. We operate with an agile mindset and tackle problems always considering the business case and root cause. We are a small but fun young company, where everyone shares the same drive to provide electricity to rural areas in low income countries where people need it most. We believe that efforts should be invested in fulfilling basic human needs first before focusing technology efforts on improving the already good. You can find us in our office in Hackney Wick, where bars and pubs are not far to enjoy some after work drinks with the team.
Our team is looking to hire an ambitious software engineer, experienced in working without a clear constraint, capable of making decisions based on user experience, product features and scalability. Project Management experience is essential for this role.
You will be responsible for creating a platform to interface and control a fleet of battery packs, collect usage data, and create prediction models to detect potential failures. Also, you will provide IOT development services to different start-ups at different stages of development, from proof of concept to software ready for deployment.
Qualifications: Software engineering background. Keen interest in Electronics & Mechanical design, and 2+ years of experience in relevant industry.
- At least one object-orientated language (preferably Python and/or C++)
- Databases (SQL and/or no SQL)
- Deployment to cloud computing environments (EC2 or Azure)
- Containerisation (Docker or Kubernetes) [desirable]
- Machine learning [desirable]
- API design and maintenance [desirable]
- Knowledge of IoT applications and embedded IoT devices [desirable]
- Experience in working with Agile and Scrum Project Management [desirable]
- Staying up to date with latest technologies and best practices
- Hard-working - Start-up work ethic is a must!
- Take personal responsibility - self-initiative mind-set and a desire to learn.
- Communicative and team mentality - both traits are important and complimentary in a team project environment.
- Organizational skill/Proactivity - Prioritisation skill with the ability to act in advance, plan-ahead and carry out duties proactively.
- Attention to detail - Must have mentality to check, re-check work and with a mind-set towards risks identification and mitigation.