Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
Vamstar is a data science-powered B2B healthcare marketplace that helps suppliers find the most relevant healthcare contracting leads using Artificial Intelligence (AI). We apply real-time machine learning forecasts, analyse buyers and competitor behaviours, and perform analytics at scale. See www.vamstar.io
We are looking for a full-time remote based Engineering Manager who will be playing both a strategic and a technical role inside the company. The strategic aspect includes setting goals for the team, hiring engineers, and prioritizing projects. The technical aspect is about getting actively involved in developing new products, identifying requirements, and setting timelines. The ideal applicant should have extensive experience as an engineer, and must have managed complex tech projects and know how to build products and features from scratch.
The successful applicants will get to solve complex technical challenges at scale that will reshape the healthcare industry for generations. You will get the opportunity to be involved in the latest tech in big data engineering, novel machine learning pipelines and highly scalable development. The successful candidates will be working in a team of highly skilled and experienced developers, data scientists and CTO.
This position leads our engineering department and helps us build great products. This also manages our infrastructure and ensures all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be a confident coding executioner and reviewer and manage your team's while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
● Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
● Ensure compliance with security regulations
● Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
● Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
● Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
● Hire engineers and coordinate their training
● Implement innovative technologies
● Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools.
● The ability to work to project deadlines efficiently and with minimum guidance
● A positive attitude and enjoys working within a global distributed team.
● Deep knowledge of web applications development
● Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language ( matching Vamstar)
● Expertise in Jira, Scrum Management
● B.Tech in Computer Science
● Minimum 4 Years of Development experience and,
● Minimum 3 Years of Team Handling experience.