About the job
Livetree is a media company shining a light on sustainability stories that change our world. The next-generation open and transparent platform, we are reimagining how you watch, interact and share content.
Our Mission is to Awaken, transform and sustainably unite us through decentralized media.
Most people are asleep in the world, our mission is to awaken us to the world we live in, awaken to the lives wasted every day, awaken us to the crises our planet faces, awaken us to how media controls the markets, awaken us to every single life is equal and valuable. Transform - take the power of media, centralized A.I technology control, take the power of creativity and transform it for good, for the planet and ourselves. To sustainably unite us: build a new open, transparent decentralised system of governance that removes borders and treats everyone’s data fairly through decentralized media. By joining our team, you will be making a real impact to the world environment and human rights
We help content creators, organisations, and individuals connect and create communities through stories that matter. As a Product Designer, you will ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. This posting represents a fully remote full-time role at Livetree.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for our users
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Livetree products
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on a mentorship
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-product initiatives within the company to drive collaboration
- Examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment
- Familiarity with Livetree product, knowledge of the short video app space and designing for global audiences
- Experience adapting your designs across platforms and form factors, with an understanding of the opportunities and limitations involved
- Experience in motion design