Jumpstart is looking for our fourth team member: a Marketing Manager to own our marketing strategy and execution. Our mission? To get fantastic people into start-ups. Your mission? To spread the word to as many recent graduates as possible.
About Jumpstart’s Mission
Corporate grad schemes are dull, low impact, and no longer the only route to get the skills grads need to succeed in the commercial world. Start-ups are high impact, the source of innovative business models that are solving problems for customers and the world at large. However, grads are still being told that corporate world is where you should start. Thousands of our best and brightest sleepwalk their way into the usual banking, consulting, and other large corporate schemes. At Jumpstart, we are dedicated to changing this. Not only do we provide the only real route for grads to work in these start-ups, but we do it with a programme that puts the applicant at the center of recruitment in way that has never happened before. We launched in August 2020, and unlike most start-ups, are profitable within Y1. However, we are just getting started. We believe our model can be applied to several different roles and types of people in the future, not just graduates.
How does Jumpstart work?
Every 8 weeks, we select the top 1-2% of graduate applicants and put them through a four-week programme that flips the job hunt on its head. They are:
- Pitched to by 40+ start-up founders looking to hire them
- Receive 40 hours of hands-on training in key workplace skills
- Fast tracked through a two week interview process with their hand-picked choice of start-ups
Then, once they start their role, we mentor them, Harrange Jumpstart-specific events and welcome them into the fast-growing community of 90+ Jumpstarters.
We want you to own our marketing strategy & execution for graduates. That means building a marketing engine to rapidly scale up the number of graduates applying to Jumpstart. This might include:
- Building a brand from the ground up. Build out a unique brand that disrupts the graduate recruitment market
- Building partnerships. Perhaps that’s with universities, clubs, societies, or wherever else you might find graduates roosting
- Establishing social media presence. Manage our social media presence and help build out our own tone of voice
- Boosting access for under-represented groups. Help ensure our ambitious Diversity & Inclusion targets are being achieved
- Paid & digital marketing. Set up & run our digital advertising initiatives
- Exploring new channels. How else might we spread the word? Making videos? TikTok?
- Seeing what works. We want you to test, monitor, analyse and optimise different channels to drive a high ROI
What we are looking for
- ~3-5 years experience executing & leading marketing campaigns: we want someone with a track record who can really own this department
- Analytical: we don’t need a data whizz, but we need someone who can see what’s working and what isn’t
- Digital marketing: some experience running paid ads (e.g. on facebook or Instagram)
- Highly organised: able to juggle lots of different projects
- Enthusiastic: we want someone that’s genuinely excited about our mission and is ‘all in’ to help us get there
If you’re thinking “that’s a shame – that’s almost me, but not quite”, get in touch and let’s chat regardless.
Benefits & compensation
- Financial compensation: £40-50k salary; options + pension contributions after 3 month probationary period
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Impact: complete autonomy to build and scale a brand that is disrupting the traditional grad scheme trap, with the power to change the career trajectories of 1000s of grads for the better
- Personal development:we run bi-monthly 360 degree feedback sessions, will fund any additional courses that you think are needed to fulfill your potential in the role. We would see you transitioning into our CMO in the future
- Start-up network: this is one of the best networking opportunities you can have in the start-up world (we work with 500+ start-ups and quickly growing)
- Location: We are London based and like to meet up 1-2 days a week, but we are open to remote working
- Other benefits: laptop, monitor & home-office setup; activity budget of £250 p/y;
- Step 1: Apply
- Step 2: 20-30 minute “get-to-know-one-another” interview
- Step 3: Case study interview, exploring how you might run a particular marketing campaign
- Step 4: Final interview with all three of us