Be the engineer that fixed language learning for 1.8 billion learners.
Here's the deal:
- We are building the next generation of language learning, made for anyone with access to the internet.
- We started a year ago, with a lot of research, with now a product running in closed beta with an early, but healthy traction.
- We are customer-centric and have a bias for action.
- You would be the first full-time engineer, one of the most critical roles for our mission to remove language barriers.
- Salary + Equity, we're open to offers, and whatever you need to work in amazing conditions.
- You're intrigued by helping people out there transform their lives.
- You're in Europe.
- Bonus, but not a must - You're in the UK.
What we expect:
You're going to like working with is if...
- You own the solutions you build. You can explain clearly why you believe it will address the related problem, not just ship code.
- You have 4 years of experience with text and speech ML
- You need minimal guidance to come up with creative solutions to problems and you ask for help when you lack context.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making, and at least on the technical side, you know when to move fast, and when to slow down and do things right. Attend customer discovery with the founding team to validate our understanding of the pains of our users.
- You are serious about data, experimentation, and data-driven decision-making.
- We would prefer someone who wants to stay with us for the long term and become a founding member.
What your day would look like
- Shipping solutions to prioritised problems.
- Researching solutions for long term problems.
- Attending customer discovery with the founding team to validate our understanding of the pains of our users.
- Attending business development sessions with the founding members.
- Building the product's architecture.
- Helping with hiring and establishing an engineering culture within the company.
Here's what a typical process would look like:
Send us your resume and say hi 👋 More than your degrees or certificates, we would love to hear your thoughts on the problem we're tackling and why you think you would be a good fit! We also love looking at things you have built/designed in the past.
Chat with one of us
The goal is to get to know each other, and for us to tell you more about what we're building.
Design thinking and portfolio review with one of us The goal is to understand how you approach problem-solving and ideating with a teammate. It's also a way for you to make sure you're aligned with how we think about product building.
Behavioural interview The goal is to better understand how you work, think, and react.
We typically call one or two people you've worked with In the early days of a start-up, our biggest strength is the team so there's not much room for mistakes there 😬