MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we're on a mission to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people. We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can't.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful ways to improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, raising results on average by one whole grade. Over the past 18th months we've worked with the government to provide safe and reliable tuition to more students than ever. We're proud to have worked with over 1,000 schools across the UK, and our tutors have given over a million lessons.
Since last March, we've scaled up while working remotely and kept a working environment that encourages collaboration and support. We always prioritise our team wellbeing and development. Everyone has the option to use our hotdesking app, Desana and, once Covid regulations ease, we’ll have a permanent office space in London for people who want to come in.
We have a fun and caring culture with lots of social activities run by our team. You can find your zen in team Yoga on Mondays, sweat it out at our Product Manager Jess's Bootcamp on Fridays (not for the faint-hearted) or join a remote chocolate tasting via Zoom. We have company socials every month and there are chances every week to sit down with someone for a cuppa and a chat.
We are looking for a new Operations Manager who will join our new legal and compliance team to drive process improvements and jump on challenges as they emerge.
Working with data, product and customer teams, you’ll drive cross-functional initiatives which safeguard all our users and help us operate at the next level of scale.
No previous experience working in education is necessary; just a passion for what our product does for disadvantaged students and a track record of solving operational problems.
What you can expect:
- Inform the safeguarding strategy & priorities for your team through actionable insights driven by data.
- Explore new tooling and smart automation to remove manual labour, improve process and reduce handle times for tutor DBS onboarding & user issue reporting.
- Build and deliver on a roadmap of product and operational change to maintain safeguarding best practices across the business, working closely with the Head of Legal.
- Act as our breach manager for pupil, tutor and all customer data breaches (training provided)
- Manage and coach our Senior Safeguarding Executive.