Nye is an early stage, VC-backed healthtech company based in the Oxford Foundry and Edinburgh. We are re-imagining the research layer in healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate research and medical progress by working with citizens to help them find ways to increase the quality and quantity of their lives. We were also proud to provide the telemedicine that powered multiple clinical trials during the pandemic (including Oxford University’s COVID vaccine trial).
It’s a great time to join as we’re looking to build the foundations for the next stage of our journey.
We’re looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join us on that journey - to build, learn and grow with us as we deliver our mission to the citizen with our web and mobile applications.
The role is based in Edinburgh and you’ll be located close enough such that you could potentially visit our city-centre office a few times a week.
Who are you?
- You care deeply about users and want to build a product that makes a difference
- You promote the discipline of UX and are passionate about building an ever-improving design process
- You’re adaptable - comfortable solving problems and picking up new processes, tools and techniques
- You can give and receive feedback and have a strong sense of ownership
- You’re self-motivated and comfortable working on brand new products in a pre-Product Market Fit environment
It’s also important to our culture of empowerment that we all advocate for the team, the product and for our customers.
- Interacting regularly with customers for anything from product discovery to usability testing
- Partnering with customers, product managers and engineers to plan, deliver and launch new features
- Developing and demonstrating user flows and wireframes/prototypes/mockups that address user needs
- Helping to educate and inspire design skills in the wider Nye team
- Create and communicate UI designs to developers - though UX will be your staple as a member of a small team you’ll work with developers to create web and mobile UI
Experience we’re looking for
- At least 2 years professional experience in end-to-end UX design on a commercially available application
- Some experience and interest in UI/Visual Design
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Figma/Sketch
- Experience UX methodologies and tools - ideation, wireframing/prototyping, information architecture, interaction design…
- Experience of consumer facing applications with multiple user types, ideally one or more from: platforms, marketplaces, social media
- Excellent communicator who can simplify complexity to share your work with the whole team
- Own a part of Nye: competitive salary and share options through an EMI share option scheme
- Flexible working: This is not a fully remote role. However we trust you to own your own work and deliver on your commitments.
- Working from home: We’ll support you with equipment you need to be able to work comfortably from home.
- Top-notch hardware: High-end laptop and equipment - Windows or Mac - Linux builds are always available
- Social and collaborative culture: Regular socials (both online and offline) and opportunities to attend Meetups etc.
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Industry leading internal processes: from the tools we use to communicate, to how we manage expenses, holiday and payroll, we use the best available tools for our internal process management.
- Pension: through the NEST scheme
Nye Health is a seed stage healthtech company backed by angels, NHS healthcare providers and leading healthcare VCs. Our seed round was one of the largest for any healthtech company in Europe.