Acre is rebuilding the UK’s £1.4 trillion mortgage market from the ground up, with a completely new, end-to-end management system for mortgages.
Our platform cuts out the unnecessary admin, pain and friction from buying a home.
We're covering the entire journey, from figuring out what you can borrow, to getting your keys. We're guided both by the voice of real home buyers and by our close relationships with brokers, lenders and insurers. We won’t stop until the process of buying, mortgaging, conveyancing, and insuring your home is affordable and completely seamless.
Join our product team to help change the way people buy homes!
As our Product Owner – Consumer Experiences, you’ll be leading product development for our end-consumer facing services, such as lead qualification, fact finding, and home buyer re-engagement.
You’ll be collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across product, development, design, customer success, sales, and senior management, to understand our users, balance priorities, and ship the right products and features to the market.
- Continually evolve the product development process introspectively, based on hard data
- Work with stakeholders (including sales, customer success, and management) to identify the desired consumer experiences and broader business requirements
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps based on their consumer needs and requirements, and your available resources
- Work with sales and customer success to develop a detailed knowledge of our both our professional users and their end-customers
- Prioritise requirements so that we deliver the maximum value to our customers and the business
- Work with design to test ideas and designs with customers to validate them before building them
- Plan deliveries, and prioritise work for your team using the software development process you implement, including agile artifacts, ceremonies, and stand-ups
- Work with the quality team to organise and plan testing and acceptance of your deliverables, including analysis and management of support issues alongside the Customer Success team
- Track and measure user activities in a way that allows the product team to measure the impact of new features and product areas for our users.
- You have at least 3 years' experience in software development, and at least 2 years’ experience as a product manager of a B2C product
- You are fascinated by digital products and can talk at length about what makes a good product good; you know how to make sure we don’t build bad products
- You’re an all-rounder rather than a specialist, and enjoy a variety of work – from detailed problem solving and commercial analysis through to interviewing customers and collaborating with colleagues
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrate flexibility and positive action when faced with multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll have the ability to understand how to leverage complex, imperfect data
- You are eager to learn, naturally curious, and you continually grow your own abilities while drawing on and learning from the strengths of others.
Qualities that will help you succeed:
- Demonstrated product experience and attention to detail
- Be a people person, eager to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and peers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Agile product development frameworks and key supporting tools
- Have delivered world-class products and features in a complex domain before
- Know how to work with, and challenge, stakeholders to gather complex requirements and ruthlessly prioritise
- You have previously worked in a startup or an early-stage, fast-growing team or company.
What we offer:
- Chance to make an impact within a fully funded, early-stage Fintech start-up in a unique position to make a difference to the mortgage market
- Competitive salary
- 25 days leave plus UK public holidays
- Private healthcare, a health cash plan, and pension contribution matching up to 4%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Vibrant Central London office near Piccadilly, with weekly lunches, too many snacks, as much tea, coffee, biscuits, and fruit as you can handle, and open bar socials
- Though we are currently often remote, our office remains open and we encourage teams to come together regularly in person.
See our careers page for more of what we offer.
Our interview process consists of an initial phone conversation, followed by a take-home task and an on-site or video interview, where you'll have a chance to get to know the team you'll be working with and the senior management team.