At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 40 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
We are looking for an Assistant to support our Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and other members of the Executive team as needed. Our CXO looks after all our operations, from HR and recruitment to communications and marketing; from legals and IP to business development. Our Executive Assistant role is an opportunity to gain experience in these domains and to play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of our start-up.
We are looking for a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude who will help ensure that operations run efficiently. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with a meticulous attention to detail. You will plan and orchestrate work to help the CXO meet her priorities and enable swift decision-making.
- Manage information flow in a timely & accurate manner to enable swift decision-making
- Manage the CXO’s day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Schedule and attend meetings, take minutes and ensure actions are followed through
- Draft documents (memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc) and research data to support discussions
- Organise, maintain and improve the office filing system (incl. online platforms)
- Provide all other secretarial & administrative support as needed (travels, expenses, etc)
- Support our recruitment efforts (review CVs, schedule interviews, check references)
- Provide support in market research and analysis
- Organise team communications and help plan internal events
- Liaise with clients, partners, contractors and visitors
- Provide support in organising events and represent the business at networking events when necessary
- Solving all problems great and small
- Liaise with teams across the business
- Replace other assistants as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
You must have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately we won't be able to sponsor visas)
- 3+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Experience as a ‘virtual’ assistant
- Experience using Zoom, Slack, G-Suite and Confluence and master these tools
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Proactive and problem-solving approach with good decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of interview techniques a bonus
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Please apply via https://apply.workable.com/oqc/ . As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com