Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 90 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, get in touch.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager that’s not afraid of getting stuck in straight away. Reporting to the Head of People, you will play a key part in supporting and shaping the future of the people team at Mention Me.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up that strives hard to create an inclusive, supportive and fun working environment.
As the People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving culture that is scalable through the design and implementation of robust processes and an introduction to automation.
How you would contribute
You will contribute to the people team by taking ownership and leading on:
- Design and implementation of People programs, policies and workflows that are efficient, scalable, and compliant. Propose, design, trial and roll out wide-ranging tools, processes and operating procedures to enable managers and their direct reports to focus on doing their jobs. Like a product, you’ll run tests, gather feedback and iterate.
- Help drive and embed diversity and inclusion practices into all that we do. Set clear targets and track our progress against both targets and our starting position.
- Act as the point of contact for general day-to-day HR inquiries and assist employees in resolving employee relations issues and grievances by conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provide compensation support, including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job levelling.
- Manage our performance and professional development review cycle and introduce effective methods for year-round feedback or 360 reviews.
- Own the HRIS and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Active participation in and oversight of our onboarding & offboarding processes — working closely with hiring managers across the business to ensure a five star, consistent experience for all of our new joiners
- Partner with the UK Payroll team to ensure payroll deadlines are met, and payroll data is accurately captured for the monthly pay run.
- Drive company-wide initiatives that increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Benefits - Review of benefits, recommendations of new benefits, roll out and usage reports
- Ensure the business is complying with UK employment law and best practices.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong experience leading and managing HR processes and working with a wide variety of stakeholders. We are looking for someone confident and energetic with the ability to influence at a senior level.
Experience working with scaling tech business would be an advantage but isn’t essential. This is a very hands-on role, so you must be comfortable working in an agile environment where you will need to put processes in place.
Your career progression at Mention Me
To help you carve out a successful career, we’ll provide the following:
- £2,000 annual learning and development budget
- Mentoring scheme with one of our Senior Leaders
We’ll measure your success with quarterly goals and milestones, as well as biannual reviews, so you always know what’s expected and can accurately reflect on performance with your manager.
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass