WeRoad UK Tour Leader Recruiter & Manager
WeRoad is a fast-growing startup with a unique vision for group travel. We’ve been disrupting the travel industry in Italy and Spain since 2017. Now, in 2021, we are launching WeRoad UK, with the aim of becoming the most exciting and talked-about travel brand out there.
ABOUT WEROAD: CONNECTING PEOPLE, CULTURES, AND STORIES
WeRoad is a tour operator, but so much more - first and foremost we are a community of travellers, united by love for travel, adventure, and the experience of faraway lands and cultures. We bring together small groups of like-minded millennials and provide life-affirming journeys to 100+ destinations all over the globe.
Since its founding in 2017, WeRoad has evolved from an initial startup to a dynamic, ambitious team of nearly 70 people from Italy, Spain, the UK and beyond. Despite the pandemic, we are experiencing exponential growth in Italy and Spain, and are poised to continue this success in the UK.
We're on a mission to design and deliver travel experiences worth living and sharing, while rewriting the rules of the industry every step of the way to make travel more fun, authentic and social than ever before.
WeRoad is part of OneDay Group, a business & community builder with a focus on younger generations (‘Millenials’ and ‘generation Z’). OneDay’s ambition is to create and nurture the growth of companies that will have a broad, lasting positive impact on the world, putting new generations at the center.
ABOUT THE ROLE: WEROAD TOUR LEADER RECRUITER & MANAGER
Above all, WeRoad is a community! That’s why we’re looking for a Tour Leader Recruiter & Manager who will help us build the WeRoad brand and community in the UK market.
Your mission will be to build the UK WeRoad Travel Coordinators' Community, and to manage the growth WeRoad Group Leaders, enabling their personal growth while selecting and training our community of potential tour leaders. You will have a key role in helping us spreading the WeRoadness in the UK market. Coordinators are our first Ambassadors and Brand lovers.
This role is for the dynamic and entrepreneurial, those who aren’t afraid to get stuck in and who love a challenge: you’ll be one of our first hires in the UK and will help bootstrap WeRoad UK from the ground up!
At WeRoad, Coordinators are the heart and soul and central in everything we do. The coordinators' community is a pillar.
Launching the UK community
- Recruit, select, and train the first WeRoad Coordinators in your country
- Monitor performance and nurture talent within the Coordinator community in order to allow for future scaleup / enable their growth
- Engage and motivate the Coordinator community
- Be the link between the Coordinator unit at HQ, the Coordinator community in Italy, and the Coordinator community in your country
- Be responsible for the quantity and quality of the Coordinators
- Play a key role in building our brand awareness abroad
What we’re looking for:
- You are UK native, or speak the language at a mother-tongue level and have lived experience of the British culture and ways of communicating;/ communication channels o tools
- You are a traveller, who loves meeting people and connecting culture and stories
- You have previous experience managing a community online and communicating directly with (potential) ambassadors;
- You are highly enthusiastic: an all-star motivator and communicator, able to transmit your energy and personality into your online, written and face-to-face interactions;
- You are ambitious: you love having a target to reach and exceed and are self-motivated to achieve results;
- You have in-depth knowledge of and ability using Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp and other tools;
- You are sociable and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- If you have experience in sales and/or customer care, it will be considered a plus;
- You love traveling, learning and meeting new people - i.e. you have the WeRoad spirit!/soul
- You are able to share a double soul: community and management
- You are able to work in team - your team and with other teams
You will love working at WeRoad if:
- You are ambitious and want in at the ground floor of a movement set to become huge;
- You love travelling and want to work with young, smart, and fun people who love it too;
- You prefer challenge and adventure over daily routine and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and aren't afraid to step outside your comfort zone in order to achieve goals;
- You are a self-starter ready to take on a lot of responsibility, right from the start;
- You welcome feedback and see mistakes as stepping stones to success;
- You want to grow faster than you thought possible, as a person and as a professional.
What we can offer:
- A free WeRoad trip every year to the destination of your choice. You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, did we? Plus, join the ranks of our Travel Coordinators and you could go abroad even more often;
- A great workspace. WeRoad offices are based in the beating heart of Milan, Madrid and London and you’ll have the chance to frequently tour around them to meet all our WeRoad people;
- A memorable onboarding experience. You'll have the chance to onboard at C30, the OneDay Group HQ in Milan: our very own coworking space that embodies our company culture. There you'll find the fresh open layout workspace of dreams, complete with cafeteria, fully equipped kitchen, relaxation areas, table football, company library, and a Tibetan rope bridge (seriously);
- Opportunities to learn and grow your network. Join the training program of our holding company, OneDay. Participate in the numerous meetups and events we host at C30 or online, to share knowledge with other people in the industry;
- Best-in-class benefits. We have a work from home policy, offer a half-day off on your birthday, and give a bonus to newlyweds and new parents!
- Fun! We schedule regular team building events throughout the year, and provide plenty of opportunities to meet our Travel Coordinators and WeRoaders.
Ready to apply?
We can't wait to meet you!