Permanent | Reporting to CEO
We are looking for our VP, Impact to help our CEO and the broader management team to position sustainability and impact at the heart of everything we build, and achieve sharp gains in growth, to enable us to ambitiously execute our vision and make our company even more resilient. This is a vital leadership role that will drive ambition and innovation, spur growth and help us lead that transition towards a more sustainable, transparent and fair food supply chain.
We’re a VC-backed scale-up with ambitious plans, and growing fast. That’s why we’re looking for our VP, Impact to help us define our sustainability and impact strategy, prioritise, deploy a strong execution plan with a clear and measurable impact and share our progress with the world.
You will benefit from flexible hours and optional remote working although some office work will be required to interact with the broader team, so you should be London-based or able to travel, as necessary.
Why Collectiv Food?
Collectiv Food is a next generation food and drink supply business, leading the transition to a fair, transparent and sustainable supply chain for Europe’s professional kitchens. Its innovative delivery model enables it to offer market-beating prices and a reliable service, all underpinned by a commitment to sustainability. Founded in 2018, we are based in West London and supported by industry experts and leading venture investors, such as VNV Global, Octopus, Norrsken VC, VVNP and Partech.
What you’ll be doing
In your role as VP, Impact, you will be expected to have a clear understanding of the vision for the business, and translate this vision to achieve our near- and long-term goals and successfully drive our sustainability agenda forward. Your primary duties will be to help the CEO and the broader team position sustainability and impact at the heart of our growth strategy and as the main driver dictating products and services we are building and offering to our customers.
Most importantly, you will make sure that any impact-related project can be measured, with clearly defined objectives and metrics, and that these projects will enhance our capacity as a business to grow fast with robust foundations, anticipating the future needs of our customers, and keeping up to date with industry best practice and changes in legislation.
- Develop and define an ambitious sustainability and impact strategy, with clear prioritisation and measurable goals, for us to tackle the problems of today but also tomorrow (traceability, emissions, e-mobility, clean energy, waste, packaging and more)
- Develop our baseline of impact across the business, identify risk areas and value creation opportunities
- Shine as a key leadership role in the organisation to make sure sustainability topics are the starting point for our product and services discussions and project management - ensuring sustainability is enshrined at the heart of everything we do
- Take ownership of sustainability initiatives within the business, and lay out a clear plan for implementation, mobilise a team and resources to execute on these
- Work with multiple functions in our organisation such as sales, account management, buying and marketing to ensure that we are utilising our sustainability efforts to drive forward our commercial agenda
- Similarly work with our logistics operations and future of distribution functions to ensure that our logistics model can drive forward our sustainability ambitions
- Engage with customers, to understand what sustainability initiatives are most important to them, and deliver on these initiatives to create value both for the customer and for Collectiv Food
- Engage also with producers, to understand how we can support them in their sustainability objectives, helping them to communicate clear and impactful messages to the customers, creating value for both parties
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience in similar roles (Head of Sustainability, CSO) with a proven track record of achievement and understanding of fast-paced and early-stage environments
- Proven experience in defining and executing sustainability initiatives with high internal and external impact, and the ability to bring clarity and framework to complex topics
- Demonstrable experience in strategic planning and business development
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Can grasp and add value to the leadership vision
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills
Added bonuses (or the cherries on top!)
- You speak more than one language such as French
* The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we would still love to hear from you if you believe you have the necessary skills to excel with us.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary with industry-matching pay reviews
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- Compelling benefits package, such as high-spec laptop and equipment, pension and more!
- Plus, you get lots of food perks like delicious product samplings and food discounts from our customers
- Great exposure and ability to impact a fast-growing, mission-driven food start-up
- As a rapidly scaling start-up with a recent Series A funding round under our belt, the opportunities for progression are endless. We support progression in many forms from upward progression as either a specialist individual contributor or people manager as well as lateral progression into other teams at Collectiv Food for which you have transferable skills or have demonstrated the potential and desire to learn
- Flexible Working – whilst ideally we are looking for someone on a full-time basis, we are more focused on finding the right person to join us, trusting people to organise and take accountability for delivering whilst supporting their needs, responsibilities, and interests outside of work. If you are looking for alternative working arrangements from part-time to job-shares, condensed working hours, school hours or similar then please do not be put off applying, we would love to hear from you
- Hybrid office based (Notting Hill Gate, London) and remote working model - whilst you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, you can choose to work up to 2 days a week remotely
- Team of passionate foodies, working to leave the world in a better place than we found it and, of course, for good food!
What you can expect from our recruitment process
- A 45 minute phone interview with Jeremy, our CEO
- 30 minute sessions with Carl (VP, Engineering), Lucas (VP, Supply Chain) and Donka (VP, Finance)
- A 45 minute session with Mark (Logistics Operations Director) and Jamie (Buying Director)
- A presentation to Jeremy, Carl, Lucas and Donka
If you need sponsorship to have the right to work full-time in the UK, please let us know.
Collectiv Food – Our Commitment to fostering a sense of Belonging.
People and Food United in their Individuality
Collectiv Food is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse bunch of people who are committed to cultivating a welcoming culture of inclusion and equality. We see the potential in everyone and value the importance that different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking can have in igniting innovation and propelling our business forward. If you share our values, love of food and vision to lead the transition to a sustainable, fair, and transparent food supply chain then we’d love to hear from you and encourage your application. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a top priority for us at Collectiv Food. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.