At Automata, we’re tearing up the rulebook about robotics technology as we carry out our mission: To bring full-scale automation to the Life Sciences industry.
In order to achieve this, we’ve built an inspirational, multi-disciplinary team, who are excited by complex problems and unique challenges. And we’re growing - fast.
We believe that happy teams are more productive, innovative and interesting teams. That's why we're incredibly flexible, care seriously about empowerment and deeply value balance.
As we head into a period of hyper-growth, attracting and hiring top engineering talent is becoming more strategically important than ever. To achieve our ambitious scaleup plans we are looking to hire a highly successful Technical Recruiter, reporting to the People Lead, who will partner with our VP of Engineering and Tech Leads to deliver robust pipelines of talent across the various software engineering chapters in the team.
The right person for this role will have a deep understanding of cutting edge recruitment practices and sourcing strategies as well as the ability to understand and pivot between different software roles; front-end/back-end languages, libraries and frameworks.
Working in close partnership with the wider business, you’ll use your deep hiring expertise to plan, develop, implement and execute innovative sourcing strategies to attract the very best engineering talent to Automata.
In this role, you will be
- Partner with our engineering leads across the whole software tech stack, adding value wherever you already have experience and learning wherever you don’t
- Drive the beginning of every recruitment process for engineering hires
- Build, maintain and leverage candidate pipelines across each technical vertical with a strong focus on diversity, owning an events calendar, networking with universities and suggesting your own strategies for engaging talent
- Ensuring a high level of data integrity with our ATS (TeamTailor) using the data available to drive decision making
- Contribute significantly to the engineering headcount growth as we scale
- Champion an exceptional candidate experience
- Prioritise building a diverse team at every step of the hiring process. Provide candidates of all backgrounds with equal, unbiased consideration and opportunities
What it takes
- 2 yrs+ experience as a technical recruiter ideally gained at a fast-growing startup or consultative external agency
- Previous experience hiring engineers
- Extensive, targeted skills sourcing candidates on a number of platforms from Linkedin to Stack overflow, you can do an x-ray Google search in your sleep and already know the best engineering networks for us to tap into
- You understand why diverse teams are important and have a keen interest in learning how to implement, and champion practices and programs for increasing diversity in hiring processes
- You are a skilled interviewer and can effectively and confidently assess candidates for technical skills, role and culture fit
- You are resilient and adaptable and comfortable with the ambiguities of working in a start-up environment