Japan Nakama are a Japanese inspired online Magazine that caters to avid Japanese culture enthusiasts mainly in the UK & USA. Japanese cultural interest continues to grow year on year and before COVID 2019 recorded the highest level of tourists to Japan, we can't get enough of it!
Our aim is to become the main go-to Japanese resource for readers within pop culture, design and eventually travel when borders open up (we feel there is a huge opportunity for this). We also are looking to fully launch our online store to become a Japanese inspired marketplace. We want to nurture and build a community for those interested and curious about Japanese culture.
Japan Nakama also works alongside other businesses in the promotion of Japanese culture either through our platform or off the platform. In the past, we’ve worked with the Design Museum of London, BFI, and dozens of small businesses.
Right now, as founders, we offer technical and business growth but are looking for a 3rd co-founder to help shore up mainly the content and our content strategy. Focussing on growing website traffic through SEO & Content Marketing.
Over time we can look to earn revenue through affiliate links, Ecommerce online sales and advertising as we grow our traffic. We are looking for someone who can drive our content forward, manage our team of writers and manage the site to ensure it maintains the level of quality content we’ve been pushing out.
Our Ideal Co-founder:
- at least 3 years experience in a content-related and/or SEO role with a good record of writing quality content.
- Genuine interest in Japanese culture.
- Able to devote a decent amount of time to this project.
There's no use in being interested if you don't have the drive or time to turn it into something. We are in an excellent position to continue expanding since we have interested investors and have begun to attract the attention of several big businesses. We are on the verge of a significant increase in growth!
- Excellent research skills to drive our content strategy, SEO knowledge, proofreading, attention to detail, etc.
- It's important that the frequency of content production reflects our desire to move quickly.
- No salary current Salary is offered but we have some of that sweet equity.
- I and the current co-founder cover all the current overheads ie. web hosting and maintenance, writers, marketing budget.
- Any business won that has been published or not published on our platform is usually split based on who won the business with at least a bit of it going to Japan Nakama.
- We ideally want to consolidate our content, grow the traffic and start seeing some of that be driven into our online store for some revenue that can make us self-sufficient. We feel that this is an achievable goal next year. Once this is achieved we will be able to find SEED investment to grow (we already have 2 interested investors, we just need the site and numbers to increase to make ourselves more of an interesting proposition)