We are looking for a Data Scientist with enthusiasm for new and emerging applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning in human development, psychology and neuroscience. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team composed of AI/ML experts, full stack engineers, product managers, and technical architects pioneering technology solutions to empower individuals.
As a data scientist you are skilled in developing, training, and applying machine learning models and algorithms for various applications. You have hands-on experience using data science tools, a quick learner able to understand problems and explore practical approaches to solving them.
- Developing models in Python using standard frameworks and libraries such as SciKit learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow under the guidance of AI/ML lead
- Selecting and evaluating methods for supervised and unsupervised learning
- Running experiments and testing the accuracy of ML models
- Dataset transformation, wrangling, and cleaning
- Working with full stack engineer to deploy and serve models via APIs
Values & Mindset / Passions:
- You are committed to developing others as well as learning from them to expand your own knowledge, skills, and self-awareness
- You are a team player who is comfortable engaging diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You believe in the use of technology as a force for good and have a strong desire to make a positive impact on the lives of end users and on society as a whole
- You are positive and enthusiastic to solve difficult problems with creative solutions and adapt in entrepreneurial ways
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analytics
- Strong programming experience in Python for data science and using packages for Natural Language processing such as NLTK, spaCy, Textblob for tokenization, feature extraction and other techniques
- ML model development using standard tooling such as Sagemaker, JupyterLab, Anaconda
- Database CRUD operations for SQL/NoSQL databases including PostgreSQL and/or MongoDB
- Data pipeline operations using tools such as Airflow, AWS Glue
- Knowledge of cloud platform data science offerings from AWS and/or GCP
- Knowledge of version control and working in a collaborative environment
- Manual and automatic testing methods for models
- Huge development opportunities - you will be joining a start-up in the early stages with high growth potential
- Annual vacation entitlement: 35 days including bank holidays
- 4.5 day work week
- 3 (paid) days a year for volunteer / charity work
- Flexible working - although our office space is in London, we accommodate a hybrid model including remote working
- A supportive management team dedicated to your personal growth and development
At WHYNESS, we are exploring pioneering solutions and models to empower individuals to uncover new, measurable insights about themselves, to create more fulfilling careers and lives.
Whyness' world-first innovation involves developing and integrating multiple AI models to interpret an individual’s subconscious thoughts and behaviours. These insights will help users identify their personal values and purpose, lead more fulfilling careers, and unlock new levels of motivation and productivity.
We are proud to be backed by Innovate UK, as a recipient of their highly competitive SMART Grant award to support "game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy". The scope of our initial grant-funded project is to develop an MVP and run a pilot with our initial set of users and customers. We are delighted to be working in partnership with the University of East London for this project.
Despite the increase in "purpose-led" organisations over recent years, most are failing to translate their PR campaigns into action. The way they operate their businesses haven't changed. Profits, growth, and shareholder returns are prioritised at the expense of sustainable development, employee wellbeing, and social mobility. Traditional business and operating models that were designed for rapid growth in a capitalist economy are not fit-for-purpose to tackle the biggest societal challenges, threats, and opportunities we face today.
We believe there is a better way to do business. It requires a fundamental change in the mindset of individuals, at all levels of organisation and particularly amongst executives. It requires reframing what it means to be a successful business.
Our overarching goal is to have an enduring positive impact on everything and everyone we touch - we want to leave users, business, partners, clients, industries, communities, employees, and environments better off than when we started.
How we define and measure success reflects our core values as a business:
- We improve lives - our user-centric approach to product development puts the value to end users at the heart of everything we do
- We make friends, not enemies - we believe in the value of collaboration and trusted partnerships, including with "competitors". We encourage open exchange of ideas and respect and celebrate diverse views
- We have fun at work - we are committed to employee engagement, learning and personal development; life's too short to not enjoy your job and we strive to teach and learn from each other
- We protect our planet - we take sustainability seriously, our environmental and social impact are embedded in every decision we make, from the organisations we work with to the tooling we use to develop solutions
- We look forward positively - as innovators we constantly evaluate market trends and challenge ourselves to think of creative ways to address future challenges and opportunities. We are optimistic about the potential for innovation to drive positive change
If our core values resonate with you, you could be the next member of our team. Skills, Qualifications and Experience are important, but the most important qualities we look for are mindset and attitude. With the right mentality and passion, we believe anyone can learn anything. That's why we look for individuals with a genuine desire to do work that fulfils them and aligns to their personal values and interests.
Whyness encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or social background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our workplace and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs