Who we are
Mention Me is the Referral Engineering™ platform for growth-obsessed ecommerce brands. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 4m referrals totalling £1bn+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, get in touch.
We’ve got big plans to scale our business. As we embark on that adventure we need a People team to not only support it, but be a driver to it. This is why we’re looking for a Head of People to join our currently small but strong People team.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time when we’re crafting our people strategy to prepare for a big 2022 and beyond. The scope of the role is broad, touching every part of the People lifecycle and will experience change… a lot of change, fast. Excited? Read on!
How you would contribute
In your first 12 months you will:
- Play a directing role in the employer brand and value proposition project
- Support the creation of a productive and data rich recruitment team that can work ahead of demand
- Guide the design and release of scaleable hiring practices that don’t just support diversity but actively puts a spotlight on it to drive change
- Partner with our leaders to support with workforce planning
- Design and deliver on a management and leadership development journey for newer leaders
- Spearhead the build of a career development framework
- Craft a development focussed performance framework
- Line manage our People Operations Manager (maternity cover)
- Be our employment law expert
- Partner with leaders to advise on employee relations
- Oversee HR compliance
- Be our policy and guidance expert
- Know the SaaS and Martech space
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Head of People? Apply now.