Helipaddy is the world’s largest landing site database. With over 12,000 landing site locations available online and via the free-to-download iOS and Android mobile apps, it is the go-to place for adventurous pilots and aviation entrepreneurs seeking new and exciting places to visit. We are looking for a Marketing & Operations Intern to join our young and expanding team either in our offices at Battersea Heliport or remotely if more appropriate. We deliver innovation to the helicopter community - come work in a startup environment and embrace genuine responsibility.
The successful applicant will provide extensive marketing and administrative support in a busy office assisting with day to day operations to aid Helipaddy’s business projects including working with the marketing manager to improve conversions, as well as creating & executing marketing strategies following the rebuild of our entire app ecosystem. Candidates should be happy working on multiple smaller, feature-based projects across various fields, and be as happy providing copywriting for our monthly newsletter as they are cleaning data in spreadsheets for import into the database of landing sites. It is essential you’re keen to immerse yourself in the startup world: learn about helicopters, the industry, and develop new skills along the way.
Weekly hours: ~15
- Help create & execute marketing strategies to generate Pilot users, Site Contacts, and newsletter subscribers to generate revenue.
- Prepare a wide range of general documentation and content creation for blog articles, automatic email correspondence flows, reports using CRM systems, A-B test campaigns, offers, etc.
- Assist with data cleaning activities to ensure app offering is lean and concise.
- Help grow the database through pad additions and imports, targeting specific geographical regions.
- Use data and research to understand what activates our users, and leverage these insights to develop new ideas for marketing campaigns for activation and retention.
- Help plan and coordinate monthly social media and blog posts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- A real self-starter, you instinctively take initiative and are happy to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent written skills
- You will be used to working with a high level of independence and thrive in a fast-paced working environment where you can act on and share ideas.
- Open-minded and flexible, you respond to changing circumstances and priorities while keeping a cool head.
- You love variety - as comfortable manipulating data as putting together social media posts to increase engagement.
- You’re an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal, to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Commercially aware and user-focused - you have the ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics.
- You have an eye for detail. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “hiccup” in your application :-)
- Brilliant at working collaboratively, you excel in a team environment; you’re naturally kind and thoughtful.
- Excited about helping start-ups thrive - belief in our mission is important!
- Submit your CV and cover letter to the contact details provided. Please ensure that your application explains why you are interested in the organisation and the job, and how you believe you match the job description and person specification.
- We will then arrange a remote interview to explore why you are interested in the organisation and the job, and how you believe you match the job description and person specification.