👋 Who we are
At Shopscribe, we enable the 1.3M local shops in Europe – like bakeries and nail salons – to offer subscriptions for their products and unlock guaranteed recurring revenue. We are passionate about supporting independent shops, which have been hit the hardest by the pandemic.
We launched only 4 months ago and since then we've been backed by Y Combinator & Entrepreneur First, and already raised two rounds of funding. Sifted recently named us as one of "eight European startups tapped by Y Combinator to become the next big thing in fintech."
This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing startup as we begin to build out our team and work directly with the founders, potentially taking a leadership position down the line.
❤️ Shopscribe culture and values
This should give you a better understanding what's important to us and the kind of team we want to build – no copy-pasted generic fluff here. If this resonates with you, please read on!
🎯 In a nutshell
We're looking for Field Sales Executives to help us grow Shopscribe's community of local shops in London, and to maintain relationships with existing partners. The ultimate goal is to get as many independent businesses and small local chains excited and joining us on our journey!
🤟 What you'll be doing
- You'll own the full Sales Cycle with independent businesses & small local chains – from first visit to onboarding
- This will entail using our Sales Playbook to clearly communicate the value of Shopscribe to shop owners and decision-makers in-person (we started the company by doing this ourselves!), and to follow up with them until a decision has been made
- You'll manage negotiations with each local shop to create as much value for our end-customer as possible, while still being mutually beneficial for the shop
- You'll be in charge of helping us refine our Sales Playbook for onboarding shops, so we can shorten the Sales Cycle at scale
- You'll be the champion for business owner feedback – beyond our initial product, help us understand 1) What problems local shops have and what they want, 2) How we can further develop our value proposition, and 3) How to remove barriers to adoption
🧑💻 You should apply if:
- You're able to work in-person in London
- 1+ year of experience as a Field Sales Executive/Representative – we're looking for people who have previously gone in-person to potential clients to sell
- Prior experience in business development focused on F&B or brick & mortar businesses is a big plus
- Willing to hustle and sell, comfortable with autonomy at work + and receiving no's from prospective shops
- We're looking for natural empathy and high EQ – not old-fashioned slick salespeople
- Friendly, sociable, extroverted, and loves talking to strangers
- Clear communicator who is extremely organised, self-motivated, and efficient at multi-tasking
- Goal-oriented and metrics-driven, but still a team-player at heart
- You resonate with our culture and values above!
- Prior experience in hospitality
- Timing flexibility to visit shops during their off-peak hours
🔥 What are we offering?
- A generous salary and stock options. By receiving stock options, you are a shareholder so run this as if it’s your own business - feel empowered to be an entrepreneur alongside your team
- Position with full flexibility: We want you out and about so we'll keep things meeting-light
- Unlimited holiday (just as long as you hit your metrics 😉) and bi-monthly team activities (go-karting, axe throwing, you name it)
- Opportunities to grow and take on new opportunities
- A fun office in the heart of Soho; stocked with whatever snacks and drinks you want
- The opportunity of being part of an exciting story and growing fast with it; you won’t be tasked on just a tiny project – you’ll have ownership over large parts of our business and potentially will head our Sales team as we grow. Join the next unicorn! 🦄🚀
🙋 How to apply?
- Apply on Work in Startups and include your earliest start date
- No cover letter needed, but tell us why you think you're a great fit. The earlier the better!
- Not required, but even better: Include in your email a 1-minute unlisted video link intro-ing yourself and your motivation for the role. This can totally just be a selfie video filmed on your phone!
- Initial chat with Alex, our CEO
- Deep dive with both co-founders + an external VP Sales
Shopscribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).