NOTE - We are open to both part-time and full-time applicants for this role
Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Our employee benefits are as follows:
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to purchase more)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Share options
- Perkbox discounts
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours and working from home options
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks in our offices
- Regular socials – such as games nights, quiz nights and company picnics
Overview of the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, diligent and commercially astute Legal Counsel to join an innovative and steadily growing scale-up, where you will be tasked with supporting the entire business as a trusted advisor and commercial contracts lawyer. This is a permanent role and could be either full-time or part-time.
Working closely with the Head of Legal, you will provide a full range of commercial legal support to Garrison and its group companies, you will enjoy a busy and varied workload and have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the with the senior executives and the whole business. The primary focus will be on supporting the Sales team on B2B customer contracts , but you will also provide support to the Engineering and Production Teams, the Marketing Team, the HR Team and the Finance Team , on a variety of legal matters, and cross‐functional projects.
Prior experience of working with cyber security and/or SaaS solutions would be desirable but not essential, however you will need solid experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts in the field of technology, supporting a variety of different legal activity, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Drafting, amending, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial contracts (UK, US and international), T&Cs and other legal documents (seeking input from other advisers and stakeholders as appropriate), with a main focus on agreements relating to equipment and component supply, hardware sales, software licensing and cloud services.
- Provide a pragmatic in-house legal support service to the organisation and to support the mitigation of risk arising from any legal, regulatory, compliance or governance issues.
- Managing and keeping up to date our contract template databases and playbooks;
- Provide support on privacy and data protection matters and assist in implementing data protection and security regulations.
- Assist with supplier matters such as supplier audits, contract reviews and negotiations, and marketing reviews.
- Providing legal training to the business when required.
- Support and occasionally lead on negotiations with customers.
- Accurately record information and maintain NDA and contract databases.
- Help address opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
Skills & experience required
You’ll be perfect if you have the following skills/experience:
- Qualified to practise law in the UK, with strong professional experience as a commercial lawyer. Candidates will be assessed on actual experience. Any qualification and practice in other jurisdictions may be taken into account. Please note we will ask for evidence of your qualifications during the recruitment process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail in delivery and high quality of work;
- Strong experience preferably in‐house, or at a top law firm (with secondment experience), with a focus on tech or commercial transactions.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts, preferably in the field of technology.
- Demonstrable experience of providing end‐to‐end contractual support from RFP stage to signature.
- Working knowledge of data protection and privacy law.
- Strong commercial acumen, able to take a pragmatic approach to legal risk and advise the business accordingly.
- Skilled at collaborating effectively with cross‐functional stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Openness and enthusiasm for learning about and taking on new areas of law.
It would be super useful if you have the following:
- Prior in‐house experience within the Legal department at a high‐growth technology company, ideally in cybersecurity SaaS solution(s).
- Experience working on multi‐jurisdictional transactions and matters
- Experience and understanding of the US legal system.
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player and can‐do approach; no job is too big or too small.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Intellectually curious.
- Calm under pressure.
- Enjoy working in a fast‐paced, dynamic business.